1/32 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia/IIa/Va by Hobby 2000 (plastic Revell) - released - AIMS PR.1G (or FR IX) & PR.IV Spitfire conversion set

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia/IIa/Va by Hobby 2000 (plastic Revell) - released
  • 2 weeks later...

AIMS conversion set - ref. AIMS32P26 - PR.1G (or FR IX) & PR.IV Spitfire conversion set (designed to be used with Revell Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIb/Mk.IXc kit)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4749077335144111&id=1246247558760457 

1/32 PR IV/1G Spitfire for Revell Mk II kit £29.00 (available mid November as waiting for more photo-etch so pre-order now or get from Hannants as just sent them x18 sets)  - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AIMS32P26

AIMS32-P26.jpg

252637773-4749073561811155-4476712319456

AIMS32-P26-5.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia/IIa/Va by Hobby 2000 (plastic Revell) - released - AIMS PR.1G (or FR IX) & PR.IV Spitfire conversion set
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 12:10 AM, Modeler8522 said:

Night mare of a kit just started the Va spitfire and instrumental pannal is wrong it looks great but either that's wrong or that horrid decals wrong! Nothing lines up with the clocks put it away till find a resin or 3D printed replacement 

Without wishing to hijack this thread, I seem to recall that when the Revell kit was originally released, either the panel detail or the decals were the wrong way round, ie a mirror image of what they should be.  I recommend a Yahu panel, I use them rather often these days.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2022 at 18:10, Modeler8522 said:

Night mare of a kit just started the Va spitfire and instrumental pannal is wrong it looks great but either that's wrong or that horrid decals wrong! Nothing lines up with the clocks put it away till find a resin or 3D printed replacement 

You can always cut the individual instruments and then glue each one separately...It happens to me all the time in 1/72...

On 15/02/2022 at 18:10, Modeler8522 said:

You can always cut the individual instruments and then glue each one separately...It happens to me all the time in 1/72...

The base kit is the Hasegawa Vb from the 70’s. Revell then produced a new set of ‘A’ wings to make a Va (in the 90’s?), which I believe were then also used by Hasegawa.

Trevor