Jump to content

Norwegian / Danish Air Ambulance - Revell 1/72 Eurocopter EC135


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, KieranH said:

Best of luck cleaning the glass, mine was so bad I had to blacken the glazing, even though I had done lots of internal work.

 

p?i=1a782fe78c217838e1974afca58039cc


Thanks a lot for posting a photo of your heli, shame you had already done the internals by then! 
 

I even bought another Revell kit of the EC135 in the hope that the clear parts would be better but they looked exactly the same 🙄 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, desert falcon said:


Thanks a lot AW, can I ask how fine a coarse you were using and if you did dry or wet polishing? 

I used toothpaste rubbed with a finger followed by 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000 grit micromesh followed by a polishing with a piece of an old T-shirt. It worked well for the scratches I had to remove.

 

AW

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there

I support Andwill’s suggestion, I have done it many times on canopies. Its scary the first time samding a canopy becaues its no longer see through but in less than10 minutes its all good again. Best followed by coating with future to make it really shine.

 

regards Toby

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Hi there

I support Andwill’s suggestion, I have done it many times on canopies. Its scary the first time samding a canopy becaues its no longer see through but in less than10 minutes its all good again. Best followed by coating with future to make it really shine.

 

regards Toby

 

Thanks a lot Toby, I'll give it a try later today.

 

Haven't come across Klear/Future here in Germany yet but I might just give all the clear parts a dip in Tamiya's X-22 Clear once I'm done polishing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I built one of these kits coincidentally also a IAC aircraft and didn't have an issue with scratches but rather a very poor fit. Particulary the rear windows. 

 

Alot of these kits have been made and  repackaged and its showing in the quality of the fit and the presence of flash. 

 

Nice colour scheme btw 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BKirwan said:

I built one of these kits coincidentally also a IAC aircraft and didn't have an issue with scratches but rather a very poor fit. Particulary the rear windows. 

 

Alot of these kits have been made and  repackaged and its showing in the quality of the fit and the presence of flash. 

 

Nice colour scheme btw 

 

20 hours ago, John Masters said:

Teeny tiny helicopter!  Very challenging and looking good!

 

3 hours ago, reini said:

That is a bit nasty looking glass but hopefully little bit of polishing does the trick. Best of luck 👍

 

Thank you gents!

 

3 hours ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Alclad gloss varnish is maybe more available than Future and is just as good, very glossy.

Regards Toby

 

Thanks Toby, wanted to try some of Alclad products for some time, so what better occasion.

 

Modelling time is a bit sparse this weekend but hopefully I can provide an update on the demolition polishing of the clear parts during the coming week.

 

Happy weekend modelling to you all 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like SAR/Medevac choppers. So colourful.

Concerning the clear parts, as said before, Micromesh is THE solution. I bought a set including all sizes (1500 to 12000), a polishing file, grinding block and polishing liquid for about 20 € and don't regret it. And it comes from Germany 😉. I can PM the place if you want.

Good luck.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

I like SAR/Medevac choppers. So colourful.

Concerning the clear parts, as said before, Micromesh is THE solution. I bought a set including all sizes (1500 to 12000), a polishing file, grinding block and polishing liquid for about 20 €. And it comes from Germany and don't regret it. I can PM the place if you want.

Good luck.


That would be really great if you could PM me the details of the online shop from where you got your Micromesh stuff please!

 

Tonight I did a tester with a scratch remover kit I had in the basement for car acrylics. It did the job of removing most of the scratches which was very positive but it’s evident that the sanding paper isn’t fine enough, as after polishing there are still some fine scratches left from the polishing process. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome along Johnny, I completely missed this build, sorry for that.

 

Wow that's a nice colourful scheme you've chosen, it'll look great when completed.

 

EEeekk that canopy! I agree micro mesh and polish at the end is the only way to go with that, if you loose the frame detail not a big one, masking and painting will bring it back. Better to have a nice clear canopy.

 

I'd stuff the canopy with blutac first too, will help to lessen the chance of cracking it.

 

Or you could try "smash moulding" a new one from clear acrylic plastic?

 

Good luck with her, it'll be a nice model to see finished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Or you could try "smash moulding" a new one from clear acrylic plastic?

 

Good luck with her, it'll be a nice model to see finished.

 

Thanks a lot Rich! Smash moulding might be to push my luck a bit far though, think I'll just start out with polishing once I get my hands on some Micro Mesh :) 

 

Not much progress to report this weekend, as I have spend my time cleaning parts for the cockpit and cabin section and the gearbox. For a kit of this size there is just way to much cleaning and trimming of parts to be done. 

 

Some cabin Tetris ... 

 

25O9AYP.jpg 

 

What worries me the most at the moment are the decals however. It's been almost 5 weeks since I ordered the decals online at the Lima November Decals webshop and despite writing them 2 friendly emails to enquire on the order status, I still haven't heard a word from them. Might have to think of alternatives then, if I don't hear back from them before I get to the painting? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, Vingtor said:

Ruben at Lima November works on an oil rig in the North Sea, and stays away several weeks at the time. He should be able to answer emails though. I would suggest another friendly email.

Thanks for the info Vingtor!

 

 

So without the decals I’m a kind of stuck here.

 

hoquLf7.jpg

 

As I now have my doubts with Lima November Decals, I have today ordered some back-up decals with another company for a German rescue helicopter. Of course I hope to get the decals for the NOLAS/Danish rescue helicopter first so that I can continue this build in the Nordic GB, but it will be “first come, first build”. 

 

I could continue with the cabin as the status is, but as the configuration/colours of the internals/externals will depend on the operator, I will park this for now and just wait for the postman to bring me a surprise package. 

 

To be continued …

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds cool witha  German rescue helicopter.. :)

 

 

Today, whilst working, i got some interesting gossip.. No idea if it is correct.. But.. We used to have one heli in Stockholm, plus another from April to November (huge archipelago). But I heard today that the hospital boss, ordered another two over the heads of the politicoans to use for the ECMO department, mainly - those helis you mentioned. no idea if it is true but seems like there is some controversy about those new ones.

I am just glad to see more helis around - great wat to transport patients! We have a fuckton of roundabouts and there is too much traffic for the ammount of cars - so helis are great in my noobish mind..Bring ´em on!

 

What else can you tell me about those new ones we got? How much better are they - and how is your build going? ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 8:34 PM, Paramedic said:

Sounds cool witha  German rescue helicopter.. :)

 

 

Today, whilst working, i got some interesting gossip.. No idea if it is correct.. But.. We used to have one heli in Stockholm, plus another from April to November (huge archipelago). But I heard today that the hospital boss, ordered another two over the heads of the politicoans to use for the ECMO department, mainly - those helis you mentioned. no idea if it is true but seems like there is some controversy about those new ones.

I am just glad to see more helis around - great wat to transport patients! We have a fuckton of roundabouts and there is too much traffic for the ammount of cars - so helis are great in my noobish mind..Bring ´em on!

 

What else can you tell me about those new ones we got? How much better are they - and how is your build going? ;)

 

Thanks Paramedic for your always cheerful comments 🙂

 

What I know about new Airbus helicopters for Sweden is that Svensk Flygambulans (now Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance) has ordered a number of the new Airbus H145 D-3 with 5 rotor blades for Sweden and Norway. The extra rotor blade makes them less noisy and less exposed to vibration, which of course is good for HEMS operations. They also have an increased payload of 150 kg and an extended range I believe, something which could be useful in rural Scandinavia. In fact, I think a new one is close to delivery, as it was doing test flights overhead my office just the other day. 

 

Unfortunately I never received the decals I had ordered from Lima November Decals for the Danish version, nor did he reply to any of my emails :( I have now given him a chance to refund my order, before I have to contact PayPal in order to hopefully at least get my money back. A shame really as I was looking forward to this GB and finally finishing something ... Life goes on however, and this little baby will now be finished as a German "Rettungshubschrauber" once I have the right decals for that. Will open a new WIP in the aircrafts section in due  time and post a link here, for those of you who would like to follow this going into Final Assembly Line :) 

 

Thanks a lot to @trickyrich and the co-hosts @reini @Marlin @Col. for running the show and to everyone who kindly commented and gave good advice !!

 

For Nordic III GB - the final battle of Ragnar, I will make sure to have all ingredients ready before the GB starts!

 

Cheers

Johnny b 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:)

 

I will follow the new ones with interest. if it is Babcock, my gosspi seems inaccurate - was fishy anyways.. But I will see what i hear.. ;)

 

Too bad you did not get those decals, what a shame.. Hopefully you will be satisfied with the German ones instead though! I will check it out!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 12:30 PM, Paramedic said:

:)

 

I will follow the new ones with interest. if it is Babcock, my gosspi seems inaccurate - was fishy anyways.. But I will see what i hear.. ;)

 

Too bad you did not get those decals, what a shame.. Hopefully you will be satisfied with the German ones instead though! I will check it out!

 

On 12/5/2021 at 5:07 PM, PattheCat said:

Sorry to hear the decals were lost in translation. I hope you'll get your money back. I'll gladly continue to follow your build in the WIP forum.

 

Thank you gents, I greatly appreciate your support 🙏 

 

So as I have today received the decals I ordered last week for a German EC-135 Air Rescue Helicopter, the continuation of this build can now be found here:

 

 

Once again many thanks for a great Nordic II GB and apologies for not finishing this as a Nordic subject :chair: but the missing decals was a bit out of my control.

 

Cheers

Johnny b

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 12:04 PM, desert falcon said:

 

... nor did he reply to any of my emails :(

 

 

I have just checked with Ruben. Sent him an email and got a reply within 5 minutes...

 

He tells that he has not received any email about missing decals. So either is the email address wrong, or it has been stopped in the transition. Please contact me by PM, and I will help sort this out.

 

Nils

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vingtor said:

 

I have just checked with Ruben. Sent him an email and got a reply within 5 minutes...

 

He tells that he has not received any email about missing decals. So either is the email address wrong, or it has been stopped in the transition. Please contact me by PM, and I will help sort this out.

 

Nils

Thank you very much for offering your assistance Nils, that's very kind of you. I have sent you a PM with all the transaktion details. 

 

Cheers

Johnny 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who doesn't like a happy ending :) 

 

6P09KES.jpg

 

Thanks to @Vingtor I managed to get in contact with Ruben from Lima November Decals. Ruben apologized that I hadn't received the decals and as small compensation he kindly offered me an extra set of free decals of my own choice. 

 

With the speed I'm building my models, or rather lack of, I should now be fully covered for the Nordic III GB i 2023 !! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...