Dragon models Tiger 1

Bill.B

It’s been a while since I made my last tank, (a T34/85 as I recall) so I thought I’d have a break from aircraft and scratch a long standing Tiger itch I’ve had. This is the Dragon Models version of an early DAK Tiger 1 and goes together really easily. It’s built out the box with the included PE, but I couldn’t resist adding a set of Friul metal tracks to add a bit of weight to the model and give a fairly authentic sag to the assembly. Paints are Tamiya acrylics, Windsor & Newton lacquers, and various washes, oils and powders have been utilised to dirty up the tank and tracks. Weathering AFV’s definitely isn’t my strong point, but it’s fun trying new methods and ideas which may, or may not be of use at a later date, and I really must try making dioramas at some point.
Anyway, here it is…

Tiger 1

Tiger 1

Tiger 1

Tiger 1

Tiger 1

Tiger 1

• Like 25

Nicely done! 👍

Model colours are a personal choice, while historically Tigers of the 501 independent heavy battalion (not an actual DAK unit) were low contrast colours as displayed by the Bovington Tiger.

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, viper-30 said:

Very nice indeed .. I don’t do German armour and have no interest in it but nice looking build sir 

Ah! A kindred spirit! But that said, I can recognise a good looking model. Nice work.

John.

• Thanks 1