Mi-35 Hind cockpit colour question

Pappy

G'day people,

I would like to know what colour the left side wall area immediately behind the pilot (aft cockpit) would be. This is in the 'access tunnel' between the cabin and the cockpits. The right side opposite it is dominated by avionics racks.

Bith the pilot/gunner cockpits are all black and the floor of the access tunnel is black. The right wall with the avionics is basically light blue and this changes to black approximately where the pilot's access door is but I cannot find pictures of the left side, it seems all pics are of the more interesting right side,

cheers,

Pappy

Hi Pappy,

From what few images I can find of this space in the Wings and Wheels Publication #4 book on the Hind, the colours appear to be the same light blue you've seen on the right side, and then a mixture of black (or very dark grey) and more light blue on a few panels at the pilot's left shoulder/elbow.

Moving from the cabin forward, the light blue of the cabin essentially wraps around into that tunnel for 30-40 cm (much like it does on the right hand side) and then the black portions seem to be framing from floor to ceiling or equipment, but there's also cabling and ducting, some of which crosses both the floor and the ceiling. In one photo there appears to be a black(ish) soft cover (in the shape of an upright triangle - the forward edge is the triangle's hypotenuse, and this is basically parallel to the rear line of the pilot's seat) over the black framing and equipment. From what little I can make out, the equipment is installed on the floor and isn't very high (?20 cm?). In another image or two, there's plating at the pilot's shoulder/elbow in the light blue - the forward edge of this makes it to the aft line of the cockpit.

I'd be surprised if you can make much sense of this - sorry! I can't believe I've used the word 'hypotenuse' in a post on BM!

Andrew.

Purely by coincidence, I was sitting in the pilot's cockpit of a Mi-24 Hind on Sunday. This example is at the Midlands Air Museum, Coventry, UK. I can't vouch for the Mi-35, having never seen one in the flesh, but the Mi-24 is largely the familiar blue/green background on instrument panels, grey or black panel-inserts and largely silver switches. 

I would take an educated guess that the Mi-35 would be as night-vision goggle friendly in its colours as possible. 

Hope this is of some help.

Chris. 

20 hours ago, Julien said:

You could always look at our rather good walkaround, not sure if it shows the exact area you want?

G'day Julian and there are lots of very helpful detail shot that have already answered many q's, but unfortunately this one area still eludes me. The Mi-35 walkaround hasa couple of teasingly close pics but as the area in question is in shadow and from an awkward angle, they are inconclusive,

cheers,

Pappy

On 10/19/2021 at 10:44 AM, Andrew said:

Hi Pappy,

From what few images I can find of this space in the Wings and Wheels Publication #4 book on the Hind, the colours appear to be the same light blue you've seen on the right side, and then a mixture of black (or very dark grey) and more light blue on a few panels at the pilot's left shoulder/elbow.

Moving from the cabin forward, the light blue of the cabin essentially wraps around into that tunnel for 30-40 cm (much like it does on the right hand side) and then the black portions seem to be framing from floor to ceiling or equipment, but there's also cabling and ducting, some of which crosses both the floor and the ceiling. In one photo there appears to be a black(ish) soft cover (in the shape of an upright triangle - the forward edge is the triangle's hypotenuse, and this is basically parallel to the rear line of the pilot's seat) over the black framing and equipment. From what little I can make out, the equipment is installed on the floor and isn't very high (?20 cm?). In another image or two, there's plating at the pilot's shoulder/elbow in the light blue - the forward edge of this makes it to the aft line of the cockpit.

I'd be surprised if you can make much sense of this - sorry! I can't believe I've used the word 'hypotenuse' in a post on BM!

Andrew.

G'day Andrew, you may be surprised to have used hypoteneuse in a reply, I am surprised to remember what it is!

Your answer actually makes a lot of sense as I was looking at the kit parts at the time and they look to be faithfully recreated by Zvesda. 

cheers,

Pappy