Ukraine SU-27UB "71" Malta 2016

So, the plan is to turn this

20211017_194538

into a model a model of this aircraft

I've also got the Eduard single seater Ltd Edition kit, so "58" might also make an appearance to accompany "71" (and also have a standard Academy SU-27P kit which will become "711" the SU-37 "Terminator").

This won't be a quick build as I intend to return to it about once a week while other GB are in progress.  The kit includes resin cockpit and PE but strangely the latter doesn't include the side panels so they will need to be painted. Digital camouflage to be done using Foxbot masks (and decals).  Again I've also got their masks for "58" BUT they are identical to those for "71" despite the camo being applied differently to both airframes - anyway that stage is a long way off.

Mike

• Like 1

• FortyEighter changed the title to Ukraine SU-27UB "71" Malta 2016

The kit comes with a nicely detailed pair of resin cockpit tubs (and seats) plus PE for the central panels - which are yet to be fixed in the correct position

20211022_173921

The next stage is to look at what else needs to be done before the fuselage can be closed up; particularly some etch for the sidewalls and also the intakes - I'm not sure whether it is best to fix these to the lower half before joining to the top...time and a few trial fits will tell.

Mike

• Like 1