1/72 - Junkers Ju-388 Störtebeker by MikroMir - 3D renders - release in 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Junkers Ju-388 by MikroMir - 3D renders - release in 2023 ?
  • 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Junkers Ju-388 Störtebeker by MikroMir - 3D renders - release in 2024

These guys have been showing these renders for more than 4 years and it doesn't seem like they're making much progress.

Incorrect shapes can be seen in the landing gear fairings, also in the fuselage and canopy.

In any case, we already know what Mikromir offers, models very close to the short run quality of the 90s at astronomical prices. ......100$??????

Surely sooner or later, Revell will offer us a 388 and a 188 based on their wonderful Ju88 A-4 mold at reasonable prices.

1 hour ago, Claes said:

In any case, we already know what Mikromir offers, models very close to the short run quality of the 90s at astronomical prices. ......100$??????

I've quite a collection of 90s short run kits, and two Mikro Mir: the Beverley and the Hastings.  Believe me, I have deep wishes that those 90s kits were even approximately near the quality of the Mikro Mir ones.

Special Hobby already offer a Ju.388K, and also replacement injection-moulded canopies to replaced the yellowed vacform ones.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I've quite a collection of 90s short run kits, and two Mikro Mir: the Beverley and the Hastings.  Believe me, I have deep wishes that those 90s kits were even approximately near the quality of the Mikro Mir ones.

Special Hobby already offer a Ju.388K, and also replacement injection-moulded canopies to replaced the yellowed vacform ones.

Hello.

I did not find an offer with junkers from Special Hobby. Can you provide a link? 

Thank you.

I have bought  a  vac-canopy directly from SH for their old Ju 388 kit (to replace yellow one) in last winter, but I have not heard neither of the injected replacement nor about re-issue of whole model. I constructed this model early this year and it is far from modern level of SH - if the will re-issue it will be for sure all new one... (ok, I am not sure, I only believe in it... :) )

Regards

J-W

4 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

Scalemates is silent about this...

It is silent because there was no such reissue, I've just checked SH blog entries. In recent years, Special Hobby has released Junkers in 1/72 and in 1/48. The former was a Ju 87 Academy rebox, to which no clear parts were added. They were added in the latter, a Ju 88 rebox from ICM.

Such parts have been also announced in the forthcoming reissue of the He 59 kit.

Given that Special Hobby has been gradually reissuing older models for some time, adding new detail frames to the main parts plus a frame with transparent parts to replace the vacu parts, it is possible that the same will be the case for the Ju 388 reissue. If they reissue it.

Always a fan of the Ju-388. Certainly not because of it’s operational record which was as close to nil as is possible. Just like the look of it. Built the Special Hobby kit back when it was new. Very difficult build at the time and now sitting on my shelf with brown canopies. We very much need a replacement.

something from Micro Mir of the quality of their Fokker G-1 would be an instant purchase and build for me. Pretty sure there was never an injected canopy for the SH version.

this thread has gone entirely too negative I dearly hope it does not scare Micro Mir off this much need and anticipated project.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Trenton guy said:

this thread has gone entirely too negative I dearly hope it does not scare Micro Mir off this much need and anticipated project.

Well, the finished sprues should be commented on, not the initial design. Meanwhile, in the modelling world, we have a sort of fashion for commenting on the quality of kits even before the first test sprues are available, including assessing accuracy based on boxart.

I don't think MicroMir will be discouraged from continuing with the project. At most, there will be no updates on its progress and the lack of such information will not surprise me at all. Why should a company waste its nerves reading pointless or even insulting comments?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Well, the finished sprues should be commented on, not the initial design. Meanwhile, in the modelling world, we have a sort of fashion for commenting on the quality of kits even before the first test sprues are available, including assessing accuracy based on boxart.

I don't think MicroMir will be discouraged from continuing with the project. At most, there will be no updates on its progress and the lack of such information will not surprise me at all. Why should a company waste its nerves reading pointless or even insulting comments?

Thank you.
Criticism won't hurt.. We read everything about ourselves.
We did not abandon the project. By the way, dear Claes's comment helped to find an inaccuracy in the model. We will fix it.
As for quality, we will not be able to jump above our heads. Those who know our models will make a choice depending on their tastes. In our current conditions, it is difficult to plan something, part of the team is fighting at the front, so there are difficulties with the pace and quality of work. I will say more - the post-milling processing of the molds is done by a soldier of the Armed Forces in the breaks between combat sorties (air reconnaissance).
Plus difficulties with logistics, power outages, constant air alarms - we have a war...
Therefore, posts in the forum are the least that can offend or worry me. We will continue to try to make models at least not worse than before.
Thanks again for the discussion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

Hello.

I did not find an offer with junkers from Special Hobby. Can you provide a link? 

Thank you.

It seems that you are looking for references to copy from. It is not okay to create a new model by copying another model from 20 years ago. It is not okay to use the work of others. To make a worthy model, it is better to take data from the original. I can give you all the photos and measurements taken of the specimen kept at the Smithsonian Institute if you need it. But please, don't copy SH's mistakes.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Yellow vacform canopies benefit from about 4 weeks in Hydrogen Peroxide. Had good results with this method.

13 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

I was wondering why the Germans would name an aircraft after a Dutch painter......

Turns out it's a pirate....🤦🏾‍♂️

Wouldn't be suprised if they didn't name it at all. Don't know exactly if this is also the case here, but there is a tendency to invent names for German weapons which they never actually carried..

Edited by ChristianK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Claes said:

It seems that you are looking for references to copy from. It is not okay to create a new model by copying another model from 20 years ago. It is not okay to use the work of others. To make a worthy model, it is better to take data from the original. I can give you all the photos and measurements taken of the specimen kept at the Smithsonian Institute if you need it. But please, don't copy SH's mistakes.

Oh, I'm not trying to copy the old model. And your offer is very timely. I will be happy to use your information. Can we switch to instant messaging?

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Yellow vacform canopies benefit from about 4 weeks in Hydrogen Peroxide. Had good results with this method.

Can I dump my whole completed 388 in there? We really need a new kit. But, thanks for the tip. I have some unmade yellow to brown canopies, as well.

• Like 1