Messerschmitt Bf109G-6

Hi all

This is Eduard's 1/48 G-6, built OOB and finished in the markings of Major Ludwig Franzisket, Gruppenkommandeur of JG27, from around 1944.  Really enjoyable build, with no issues.  First time, I think, using Eduard's new decals.  Although I didn't try peeling off the carrier film as many are doing, they work very well.  Having said that, I still used paint masks for the upper wing and fuselage crosses. 

Franzisket flew throughout the war, achieving 39+ victories, before surrendering with what was left of JG27 in Austria in May 45.  After the war, he studied at the University of Munster, achieving a PhD in biology and finishing up his new career as Professor of Biology and Director of the Westphalia Museum of Natural History.   Hope you like the pics...

y0t2tNz.jpg

drEHsNQ.jpg

qoZqRca.jpg

kwL77GZ.jpg

2KGcIQZ.jpg

jT7qbOJ.jpg

sR0sLRc.jpg

m9LI4KR.jpg

xpvQvvv.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Yes I can echoe all these kind words. It turns out very nice.  Superb photography…. I just finished the F version and also forget the antenna🤓😀😀😀

Cheers 

Andy 

• Haha 1

Thanks all for the kind words... :) 

There's something about the 'standard' 74/75/76 scheme that I really like.  Next time I'll try removing the carrier film from the decals once they're on - but they go on so well that I'm really not sure there's any need to.

28 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

I just finished the F version and also forget the antenna🤓😀😀😀

Haha - one day I'll get round to it.. ;) 

14 minutes ago, Werdna said:

Next time I'll try removing the carrier film from the decals once they're on 

Hi Wedna...  can you tell me how this is done?  I only know regular decals.  I didnt know eduard decals were different

Edited by Tokyo Raider

14 minutes ago, Tokyo Raider said:

Hi Wedna...  can you tell me how this is done?  I only know regular decals.  I didnt know eduard decals were different

Hi Bob - they're relatively new, but once the decal is on, it is possible to remove the carrier film from the decal, leaving just the print/ink on the surface.  There are a few videos on how to do this, but most seem to focus on either lifting it with tweezers or a bit of masking tape.  There's a thread here which might help..

Oh, my- yes! JG27 is my favorite geschwader! Colors and markings are spot on, and all look like they have been painted on. Very subtle fading and weathering in the correct locations for the real airplane. G-6 'gunboats' are the bee's knees! I hope I can get close to what you have done with one of my Tamiya 1/72 kits! :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

I think Harold Kindsvater(sp?) painted his Buchon* in these colours. Top job, it looks great! To my eye this is one of those builds you could photograph in a certain way and fool people into thinking it was real. Bravo!

*now flying in Germany as a Bf109G-12

• Like 1