1/72 - de Havilland DH.95 Flamingo by Valom - released

Homebee

Great news!

The "Lady of Hendon" (serial R2765, 24 Sq RAF)

On 10/16/2021 at 8:56 PM, Homebee said:

de-Havilland-DH-95-Flamingo-Lady-of-Hend

was used in some trips of Polish prime minister on exile gen. W. Sikorski. 

Next one - Blackburn Botha, please!  Then Warwick maybe? And DH 86? Victoria? - not exactly, I have bought one by Contrail :) 

Regards

J-W

• Like 6

Hoooo--nice!  Kudos to Valom!  Pity that the film-makers of "Darkest Hour" did not at least TRY to mimic a DH-95 in their depictions of PM Churchill's multiple Channel crossings.  Instead, they used a lend-lease C-47, which was not even in use in 1940.  Ahem....must have this!

I'd say this augers well for releases of other British multi-engine types.  Please, everyone, do your part to support Valom!

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - de Havilland DH.95 Flamingo by Valom - released

Released

- ref. 72147 - de Havilland DH.95 Flamingo - King´s Flight: G-AGCC & Lady of Glamis - https://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/dh-95-flamingo-king-s-flight-1-72-24869/

- ref. 72156 - de Havilland DF.95 Flamingo - Civil Users: G-AFUE & G-AFYH - https://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/dh-95-flamingo-civilian-users-1-72-24870/

pr-325-325-va72147.jpg pr-325-325-va72156.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cool.  This and the to be released Op Varsity C-46 are making it on the list...

On 10/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Pity that the film-makers of "Darkest Hour" did not at least TRY to mimic a DH-95

I imagine you would need to find an active aircraft that serves as a base to modify, get that certified by CAA to be able to use it, and of course the budget to do all that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alt-92 said:

I imagine you would need to find an active aircraft that serves as a base to modify, get that certified by CAA to be able to use it, and of course the budget to do all that. 

Or employ a visual effects studio to "do it in post" along with a physical part fuselage section for closeup work. But I know mentioning CGI on aviation forums is an invitation for all sorts of flak so I'll see myself out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gunpowder17 said:

How are Valom kits? I have never built one. Similar to special hobby kits?

I would say they are. I’ve built one, got several in the stash. Fairly typical of the modern limited run sort of kit, just needing a bit of modelling experience and the usual tools.