New Airfix 1/72nd Mosquito x 2,....... converted into a B.35 & PR.XVI using Freightdog Resin parts

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I think it was 1984, Laarbruch and the Tower announced over the tannoy that a Mosquito was going to do a low flyby.

I rushed out of the Hangar in time to see RR299 go down the runway at about 20 feet. Awesome.

And, I had to include this after what you said. A great sight and I still love the music.

Things like that you just don`t forget Pete,..... my moment like that was when we were in a convoy off Scotland and we were attacked by Buccaneers,..... they were whizzing amongst the ships below deck level,....... it was simply awesome! Speaking of the BAe Mossie,.... I was at Barton on the day that  RR299 sadly crashed,..... it was bloody awful!

Watching that into took me back to being a kid,..... brilliant! When I finally got to fly over the Alps for the first time,.... in an RAF Herk I was humming the tune,.... although we were slightly higher up!

Cheers bud,

Tony 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Nice pair Tony. I've still not got one of these. 

But when I do, and much as I like the silver finish, it'll definitely be a LNSF aircraft.

Thanks Ian,..... I intend to build a LNSF Mossie myself mate, complete with a 4,000lb blockbuster!

A beautiful pair of Mossies, Tony, which has inspired me to build my two after my initial 'OMG they're going straight on to Ebay' reaction when I opened the box.  I particulalrly like the 14 Squadron aircraft which its colourful markings.  A curate's egg of a kit if ever there was one  but clearly can be built in to a nice looking model.  I do think that the spar re-enforcers are overdone on the kit so, when I get round to it, I'll sand them back a bit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, F-32 said:

Awesome job, they both look top notch!

Thanks Mate

7 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A beautiful pair of Mossies, Tony, which has inspired me to build my two after my initial 'OMG they're going straight on to Ebay' reaction when I opened the box.  I particulalrly like the 14 Squadron aircraft which its colourful markings.  A curate's egg of a kit if ever there was one  but clearly can be built in to a nice looking model.  I do think that the spar re-enforcers are overdone on the kit so, when I get round to it, I'll sand them back a bit. 

Cheers mate,..... glad I tempted you to reconsider after all,..... and I agree,.... those spars could maybe do with a bit of sanding. 

3 hours ago, russ c said:

Very nice pair of Mossies there Tony

Thaks Russ. 

Two rather special Mosquito's there Tony. I really like the pair of them.

I'm not a WWII modeller generally, bar a good few Spitfires and one or two other types, but this new Mosquito from Airfix could seriously tempt me big time. Already fancying a TT35! You see @Martian I'm not just tempted by drones!

So maybe I'll blame you when Mrs T wonders why I now need Mosquito's!

Terry

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Two rather special Mosquito's there Tony. I really like the pair of them.

I'm not a WWII modeller generally, bar a good few Spitfires and one or two other types, but this new Mosquito from Airfix could seriously tempt me big time. Already fancying a TT35! You see @Martian I'm not just tempted by drones!

So maybe I'll blame you when Mrs T wonders why I now need Mosquito's!

Terry

Thanks Terry,..... yes I want to do a TT.35 myself,.... I wonder if they will do a boxing with some extra bits to help? eeing as they are most of the way there by accident,.... it would be rude not to! Don`t blame it on me LOL,.... I already have my own mussus on my case,..... the last thing I need is somebody else`s going on at me too!! 

7 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

Tony you really created some Mossie masterpieces! 👍 Your WIP thread was very interesting to follow and I have learned a lot from it. 

Thanks mate,..... glad you like them and found the thread of interest too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kapam said:

Excellent Mosquito builds!

I think the silver finish adds a somewhat regal and sleek look.

:clap2::clap2:

Thanks mate,.... I totally agree!

6 hours ago, Lanmi said:

Both builds look great. I love how you presented both subjects and explained in detail the variants. I followed your build as well. Great job, I must hurry to open my Tamiya Mossie.

Thanks mate,.... glad you found it useful and enjoy your Tamiya Mossie.