New Airfix 1/72nd Mosquito x 2,....... converted into a B.35 & PR.XVI using Freightdog Resin parts

• tonyot changed the title to New Airfix 1/72nd Mosquito x 2,....... converted into a B.35 & PR.XVI using Freightdog Resin parts
2 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Oh yes I love it and I forgot to mention your perfect photography  👍 

Thanks mate,......  just point, shoot and luck,.... I assure you! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Magnificent Mossies! Beautiful builds, lovely finishes, and greatly improved by the Freightdog aftermarket additions and decals.

Mark

Cheers Mark,...... aye Freightdog have done us proud for sure. 

What a pair of crackers. And as a bonus I learnt a lot from catching up on your build thread too.

I remember being taken to see 633 Squadron at the cinema when it came out. I've loved the type ever since.

• Like 1

They look great Tony. Must say that the Mossie in flight is a thing of particular beauty, and one is tempted to reach for 633 Sqn clips pretty rapidly. Noticed too that the 4×1000lb-ers look quite snug in there!

Justin

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Absolutely awesome Tony, you have a couple of splendid Mossies there . Wonderful work fella,  love the painting too, imagine if you were stood near by at the time, what a sight and sound !!!

Great work all round. 

Chris

Thanks Chris and cheers for your encouragement too,..... it is very much appreciated mate. I was at Barton when the BAe flown Mossie crashed, killing both crew,..... so seeing a Mossie fly again would be bitter sweet,...... but what a beautiful aeroplane. 

17 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

What a pair of crackers. And as a bonus I learnt a lot from catching up on your build thread too.

I remember being taken to see 633 Squadron at the cinema when it came out. I've loved the type ever since.

Thanks Pete,..... glad you found it useful too,..... yeah 633 Sqn at the flicks was awesome wasn`t it,..... I remember Where Eagles Dare too,..... that Ju52/3m at the start flying through the Alps,..... simply wonderful!!

15 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Stop it! You are enticing me to spend more money on kits! Couple of crackers there. That painting is great inspiration too

LOL,.... Sorry mate!! It is a good kit though,..... barring the silly mistakes with the bomb doors. The painting is awesome isn`t it,.... it was going to be the cover painting o a book that I was writig about the RAF in Germany,.... but the publishers did`t go through with it! 

15 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

:wow:

flippin’ ‘eck!

Trevor

LOL.... cheers Trev!

15 hours ago, franky boy said:

Great work Tony. 

The Mossie does look good in silver. 

James

Thanks James,..... yeah, beautiful aeroplanes always look elegant in silver. 

13 hours ago, Papa Delta said:

Always in awe of your work. Great looking builds.

Thanks mate,.... that is very kind of you. 

13 hours ago, Bedders said:

They look great Tony. Must say that the Mossie in flight is a thing of particular beauty, and one is tempted to reach for 633 Sqn clips pretty rapidly. Noticed too that the 4×1000lb-ers look quite snug in there!

Justin

Cheers Justin and I have to agree about the Mossie in flight,...... it just looks right doesn`t it! Might actually watch 633 Sqn this afternoon. The bombs are 500lb`ers,.... but still very snug,.... in a space that could also carry a 4,000lb blockbuster! 

12 hours ago, Ruskin Air Services said:

They both look fantastic, will build one some day

Thanks mate,.... I highly recommend the kit, despite the flaws I mentioned with the bomb bay doors,..... which can be corrected.

11 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work on both Tony, and great to see that the Airfix kit can be built into a great model,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,.... much appreciated and yes, it is a lovely kit, with some daft errors which are easily corrected.

10 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

Beautiful pair of mossies. Great decal choices and I really admire the silver finish too.

Thank you,..... the silver finish just looks right on some aeroplanes! 

5 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Two excellent builds !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman,.... much appreciated mate.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Folks,

Well we all know the silly mistakes made with the new Mossie kit,...... re the TT.35 bomb doors and rear bulge instead of the bomber parts,.......  but these aside I was really pleased with the new kit. Hopefully I have covered some fixes here in my WIP if it is of any interest;

Well Freightdog Models have released a pair of sets to help sort out the bomber version and also a set of flat bomb bay doors plus H2S blister ,..... with more sets in the pipeline. I have used both sets to build; 

A B.35 from 14 Sqn based at Wahn,  West Germany during the late 1940`s;  

TA695-Wahn-1948.jpg

The unit also features in this fabulously atmospheric painting by Anthony Cowland GAvA depicting 14 Sqn Mossies down at low level during an exercise attack against the UK from its German base;

arc-mosquito-low-res-copy.jpg

And a PR.XVI of 684 Sqn based in India, SEAC during 1945;

66e702c74ff234940db4534fdb761125.jpg

Aircraft-in-Royal-Air-Force-Service-1939

d0126210deefe62a30c8aee24f5859ca.jpg

Here are the models;

DSCF2423-NEW.jpg

First off,.... the B.35, with decals from Freightdog Models too;

DSCF2410-NEW.jpg

DSCF2399-NEW.jpg

DSCF2400-NEW.jpg

DSCF2401-NEW.jpg

DSCF2402-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF2403-NEW-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF2419-NEW.jpg

DSCF2407-NEW.jpg

DSCF2404-NEW-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF2411-NEW.jpg

DSCF2430-NEW.jpg

And the 684 Sqn PRXVI with decals from the spares box;

DSCF2393-NEW.jpg

DSCF2382-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF2380-NEW.jpg

DSCF2383-NEW.jpg

DSCF2387-NEW.jpg

DSCF2388-NEW.jpg

DSCF2392-NEW.jpg

DSCF2394-NEW.jpg

DSCF2396-NEW.jpg

DSCF2389-NEW.jpg

Cheers,

Tony

Whow nice as usual Tony

Alain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

It`s rare to see Mossie`s dressed in silver.  OUTSTANDING presentation as usual Tony and the models aren`t so bad either. 😉 :like:

Mike 

Thanks Mike,...... the best looking aeroplanes always look nice in overall silver,..... its the law!!😉 

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Stunning line up there Tony, they look fantastic, silver dope & all. I'm so pleased that I've got the decals for CX-B, it'll be my choice for one of these when I can get one, it looks great.

Steve 

Cheers Steve,..... when I was helping Colin with his decal research we just had to have a 14 Sqn Mossie,..... they look superb in their silver colours. I`ve found a 98 Sqn one wearing silver too,.... with its red and black codes,..... I wonder if any decal manufacturer will take it on? There are so many nice Mossie schemes though! I look forward to seeig your model mate,..... you`ll love the Airfix kit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it was 1984, Laarbruch and the Tower announced over the tannoy that a Mosquito was going to do a low flyby.

I rushed out of the Hangar in time to see RR299 go down the runway at about 20 feet. Awesome.

And, I had to include this after what you said. A great sight and I still love the music.

• Thanks 1