Greetings to all from a diecast collector

Esvees

Hi all,

It's good to meet you, I'm a half British/Belgian ex-pat working in Singapore. Have been passionate about aviation since I was a small boy and learned to fly privately a few years ago.

P3.jpg

P2.jpg

For about 10 years I've been collecting diecast aircraft and post reviews on Modelhangar on occasion. Even if it may not be quite as good as a very well finished model, (no weathering and usually visible seamlines) it save a lot of time and frustration and usually allows multiple display options. The collection is considerable now, almost completely 1:72 and containing mostly aircraft with combat history from all eras as well as tanks and some space models.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

However, there are some things I like to collect that are unlikely to see a good diecast release. Hence, in order to obtain some more obscure aircraft, I picked up modeling again after I built my last model at 16, now 25 years ago...

Have lurked here often and have learned much. Would like to share some builds and learn more from all of you too.

• Like 7

Welcome along, its a great place to pick up info & assistance with some very knowledgeable chaps & chapesses & even more supportive & friendly types lurking about. :) We'll look forward to seeing more from you. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Welcome from Vienna, great to have you on board.

May I very gently warn you - this might beome addictive! 😉

I tried to switch to diecast/finished models collecting (I have gathered a few cars, though) as well, but it's not the same for me. I need all the little details, like rigging or weathering, as well as all the little extras that cost you ages and is barely visible on the ready model.  And yes, time is an issue (I run a small IT company, so a limited resource here).

To save some time I have some 1/144 models on the bench, like the rather exotic Mil 6 right now, but even this costs time...

Anyway - welcome to the ward! 🥃

• Like 1