Italeri 1/72 F-111 Aardvark (dressed as a Pig)

Fresh off the bench is the Italeri 1/72 F-111 Aardvark

I've decided to (inaccurately) model this as a RAAF F-111C, using some aftermarket decals (Aussie Decals). 

There is significant silvering evident in the photos, but it is exaggerated by the harsh light - it looks fine in the collection, and definitely looks the part when viewed from a foot or more away.

I dressed up the interior with an Eduard PE set designed for the Hasegawa kit, and posed the canopy open to show it off. 

In the end, a pretty simple kit, which is surprisingly massive compared to the rest of my 1/72 collection.

Thanks for viewing - CC always welcome.

y4mU4NgagVOXJQla6-gFXpOhFXr4DULMvWw4BLP4

y4mJE-Kcd-Q8mAVqvUbs798xEwbKBTwrNd8ofGYw

y4m_mmc0izW3dFRVnJvxvn3ihZThA3UCD2tHnbsA

y4mRYoa5QbizX5scGCDe1A4VOoTzl2jYd5dWvpZf

y4mpRvgmKqkw7TTwFk91z1N6rw5djDl42Vggz-7V

• Like 53
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the kind comments all!

On 10/16/2021 at 12:46 AM, SAT69 said:

Did you have to cut clear parts to pose the canopies open?

No, fortunately the windows/doors were separate - I don't think the canopy would have survived my attempts at hacking it apart.

41 minutes ago, Filler said:

Did you use masks, sausages or freehand?

I originally used AK Interactive Elastic Putty to demarcate each colour. However, the two greens were too similar, so I re-sprayed them both using freehand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewis25049 said:

I originally used AK Interactive Elastic Putty to demarcate each colour. However, the two greens were too similar, so I re-sprayed them both using freehand.

Impressive.

• 1 month later...

Looks great Lewis, you aren't far off the mark with the F-111A, the RAAF did get 4 F-111A attrition replacement aircraft that flew for a short time as 'A's before conversion to C standard. There is a picture on 113 in 6SQN markings, the only aircraft I have seen photographed in RAAF markings before conversion.

• Like 2