Beaufighter project

A few weeks ago I completed a Beaufighter project for the Bristol Group build.

I built four 1/48 Beaufighters ranging from an early IF Nightfighter too one of the last Mk.X torpedo bombers in WW2.

The other two  were and Australian Mk.21 and a Malta based Mk.VI. On the Malta one I used the box scheme.

The IF. Nightfighter and the Mk.X are the Revell kit. The Mk IV and Mk21 are the Tamiya kit. The Tamiya kit was

much easier to build than the Revell kit which is rather complex. I haven't add the aerial on all of them because I will be moving some of them around. 

This is the IF Nightfighter. It was John Cunningham's plane

This model has home made codes.

Beaufighter IF image6

This is the Malta Mk.VI

Beau Malta image F2

This is the Australian Mk.21

Beau Aussie image F1

This is the Mk.X 

Unfortunately the rear gun got knocked when I was taking the photos.

Beaufighter TF-X image F4

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

A terrific quartet of Beaus I must say. I have to admit I have never build any Beaufighters although it's my favourite twin-engine and of course the Mk.21 is my favourite. Hopefully to build one next month upon retiring on the 13th. Again a marvellous job done on the 4 Beaufighters.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Guys for your likes and comments. This was a hugely intensive project for me. Particularly the Revell kits. Frankly I was surprised I got them done.

My current project is based on the later period of the night war over Britain. It consists of three builds two of which I have shown in a post in WIP. The third is a 

particularly difficult build, as a result I am creating a diary of the build and will put it up when I'm sure it will get finished.