1/48 - Grumman F4F Wildcat/Martlet family by Eduard - F4F-3/F-4 & FM-2 released - new F4F-4 boxing in April 2024

Homebee

16 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Which is my way of saying  don't hold your breath for a Cyclone engined version...   (which has not been kitted in 1/48th, and it not an easy conversion)

The only mainstream IM Cyclone-engined Wildcat/Martlet other than the FM-2, which is quite different, in any scale is the Airfix kit in 1/72. The Cyclone, with the exception of the FM-2, was only used for export variants, so they all eventually went to the Royal Navy. 
AZ Models also did the Martlet I/G-36 using short run IM molds with some resin parts. Sword and Arma Hobby have done the FM-2 in 1/72, the original Airfix kit was also an FM-2. There are the HobbyBoss and Sword FM-2 kits in 1/48.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F4F Wildcat family by Eduard - 3D renders+moulds in progress - release in 2022

Here's one for ya!  Overall aluminum lacquer (no yellow on the wing top), green tail, white side codes, you can skip the test probes fitted for NACA testing.F4F-3_VF-42_at_NACA_Langley_1941.jpeg

Edited by jimmaas
clarification
  • Like 4

On 10/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, Ade H said:

This was a rumour so long ago that I doubted whether there was any truth in it.

If there's an accurate Martlet III release, I'd love to redo that (I converted an HB kit which was nice, but basic, and my skill has moved on in the interim). Eduard's most recent output is at such a high level that, unlike many aircraft kits, I don't feel disappointed when comparing them to the standard of AFVs.

They said they are going to do all WWII US Navy fighters! Bring on the Corsairs!

Edited by Scooby
  • Thanks 1

Need to win the Lottery........................................................................

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting that the covers for the oil coolers on underside of the wings are part of the wings and not separate.  Anxious to see how that works out but looks like an innovative approach.  Clear sprue appears to contain an N2A gunsight which I was hoping for and is a nice touch.  August can’t get here soon enough, although that will allow me time to save my pennies.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BuNo02100 said:

Any chance you can copy and paste for those of us that don’t Bookface?😬

BW

It's one of Eduard's traditional Bunny comic strips. It has a Wildcat with the label "8/22," meaning the model will come in August of this year.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F4F Wildcat family by Eduard - 3D renders+sprues design+schemes - F4F-3 release July 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F4F Wildcat family by Eduard - 3D renders+sprues+schemes - F4F-3 release August 2022
9 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Thought they always did a 'Dual Combo' kit first, then the 'Profipack'?

They want to release the dual combo at the US nationals, they announced  this in their last news letter.

Edited by Scooby

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/pfbid0qizo1iu3uC8mHs97grgsm2eSvPn2WBtRkt7pPrbn85jRKChxGBRRX2xUdJieC2Vpl

Test shots of some frames for the new 1/48 scale F4F-3 Wildcat, which we will release in August in the ProfiPACK edition.

Finishing up the final form this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCL4XtjbIe/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&fbclid=IwAR1We9SLW4-CcQPUVQSoM5aMxhNdn-bvH7dwTXvOYmdxUYtReNzat9SC0B0

V.P.

• Like 1

That scream you heard was my savings account being assaulted.  Looks very promising and the real question is just how many am I going to purchase, not to mention some of the aftermarket….

as for cowlings, there are four versions for production F4F-3s and another for F4F-3As.  It appears that all but the first batch (18 aircraft) can be produced with the parts provided.  The first batch can be produced with a little scribing.

BW

Thank you, BuNo02100! Now we know where to go with Wildcat questions... Your comment prompted me to recheck the sprue drawings; I found that sprue N actually has 3 cowlings. Just keeps getting better - except for the wallet, of course!

By mixing and matching the three cowl rings with the three rear sections with cooling flaps, you can represent four of the five F4F-3 versions that were produced/saw service, a very nice touch by Eduard in my opinion.

Nah, I want the first two that had cowl guns and a spinner, so the kit is fatally flawed....(going to the corner now.. )

• Haha 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F4F Wildcat family by Eduard - 3D renders+sprues+schemes+box art - F4F-3 release August 2022