Street Battle

This diorama came about of necessity. A diorama had been destroyed by child sometime ago. I decided to reuse items from that diorama together with another diorama to to make up for the destroyed one. Most of the figures have been taken from other smaller dioramas together with newer ones to form this recent version. I have been contemplating a vehicle, such as a pickup, but not too sure. I think the diorama looks good a nd makes a statement as is. We shall see late on down the line if I change my mind.

street_battle-vi.jpg
street_battle8-vi.jpg

street_battle_details-vi.jpg
street_battle_details2-vi.jpg
street_battle2-vi.jpg
street_battle3-vi.jpg
street_battle1-vi.jpg
street_battle_details3-vi.jpg
street_battle_details4-vi.jpg
street_battle_details5-vi.jpg
street_battle4-vi.jpg
street_battle_details6-vi.jpg
street_battle5-vi.jpg
street_battle6-vi.jpg
street_battle7-vi.jpg
street_battle1a-vi.jpg
street_battle_details3a-vi.jpg

• Like 17

The diorama maker Marijn van Gils says that every element of a diorama must be done to the same standard if it's to succeed.

I think that he would be complimentary about yours.

Edited by Ade H

20 minutes ago, Ade H said:

The diorama maker Marijn van Gils says that every element of a diorama must be done to the same standard if it's to succeed.

I think that he would be complimentary about yours.

Uplifting thoughts. I know the artist. He is a remarkable builder.

• Like 2

I prefer the negative space in the composition; rather than break it up with a large, inorganic car stuck between small, organic people. Without a vehicle to hide behind, they look more vulnerable; and the rearmost fighters have space into which they are running. The two groups are connected by that space.

Edited by Ade H
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:02 PM, Ade H said:

I prefer the negative space in the composition; rather than break it up with a large, inorganic car stuck between small, organic people. Without a vehicle to hide behind, they look more vulnerable; and the rearmost fighters have space into which they are running. The two groups are connected by that space.

I came to this conclusion as well. That's why I have not done anything else to it. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 7:59 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

I like it too. I think you made a brilliant job of rescuing the broken diorama. I can't help wondering what the original looked like.

The original different pieces of vignettes were different scenes representing different scenarios in the Middle East. But this new complete scene, brings everything together instead of small particular areas.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I like it as is. Simple, effective, and a lot going on.

Thank you for your view. :)

On 10/14/2021 at 10:44 PM, Tim R-T-C said:

Very nicely out together and great paintwork on the figures.

Personally I like it without the vehicle.

With a vehicle, all the figures just become accessories. Without it they stand alone.

Good point. Thank you.

• Like 1

Sadly that's a picture that wouldn't look out of place in many of today's news feeds.

In many ways the open space tells its own story: a desperate situation on the front line with reinforcements rushing headlong into danger to help their comrades in arms defend a key position that's at risk of being overrun by unseen opponents.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richard E said:

Sadly that's a picture that wouldn't look out of place in many of today's news feeds.

In many ways the open space tells its own story: a desperate situation on the front line with reinforcements rushing headlong into danger to help their comrades in arms defend a key position that's at risk of being overrun by unseen opponents.

Exactly. :) Thank you.