Been forever lurking in the forum, was about time to register. Greetings from Canary Islands

ZonaModelista

Hi, I've been on and off from scale modeling.

At first I started modelling cars, later tanks, then ships and now planes. I actually want to become an allround modeller. I believe by modelling all sorts of subjects one can learn a lot of techniques and have lots of fun. I'm no expert but I usually like classic or iconic vehicles with history behind and I also like to do dioramas.

• Like 6

hello Zona,  a very warm welcome to the forum.  A cross selection of subject modelling would be very welcome and I hope you post some of your builds and progress on here; don't just save them for FB etc., as some of us don't us those services.

cheers,
Mike

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/10/2021 at 04:21, Flight Line Media said:

Hi, Zona! Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here. :)
Looking forward to seeing completed builds from you.

Thank you ;)

On 15/10/2021 at 14:48, bootneck said:

Thats good to hear Zona.   Which of the islands do you live on and are you a member of IPMS Canary Islands?

Mike

I live on Tenerife and never heard about the IPMS Canary Islands. Just shocked reading about it. I'm going to have to get in touch with them. Thanks for the heads up. 

Regards

Alex

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.  Looking forward to seeing some of your work. Coincidentally, I am heading for your part of the  world  next week for a bit of sun. Are there any model shops you know of. Particularly  Lanzarote.?

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hi and welcome.  Looking forward to seeing some of your work. Coincidentally, I am heading for your part of the  world  next week for a bit of sun. Are there any model shops you know of. Particularly  Lanzarote.?

Wish I could help more but I've only been once in Lanzarote and it wasn't for shopping.

I've made a quick search and the only shop I could find is inside a shopping centre called "El Mercadillo" in Arrecife, capital of the island. 

I'm not 100% sure this shop still exists so no guarantees. I guess most of the people on the islands buy online anyway. 

Good luck, have a nice time in Lanzarote.

Regards

Alex

Edited by ZonaModelista

5 hours ago, ZonaModelista said:

Thank you ;)

I live on Tenerife and never heard about the IPMS Canary Islands. Just shocked reading about it. I'm going to have to get in touch with them. Thanks for the heads up. 

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

The chairman, @Artie lives in La Lagonda and that is where the club meets but I cannot remember the venue or dates.  The members are a great bunch of guys, very welcoming and friendly.

Mike

On 14/10/2021 at 16:56, ZonaModelista said:

I actually want to become an allround modeller. I believe by modelling all sorts of subjects one can learn a lot of techniques

Good! I keep telling them that this is the best way. 😁 In each genre, you may progress a little slower; but it creates more variety, more challenges to win at, less risk of losing enthusiasm, more crossover ideas, and more open-mindedness.

But, hey, you joined a month ago and you've only made a few posts so far, so get stuck in. 🙂

On 12/11/2021 at 10:21, bootneck said:

Hi Artie,

great to hear from you again.  We're fine over here.  I hope Alex will enjoy being a member of IPMS Canary Islands!

cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike, got in touch with Artie and as soon as we both have some spare time we will meet in person. Interestingly enough, we have common friends and we didn't know about it. The world is sometimes small. 😂

On 12/11/2021 at 16:39, Ade H said:

Good! I keep telling them that this is the best way. 😁 In each genre, you may progress a little slower; but it creates more variety, more challenges to win at, less risk of losing enthusiasm, more crossover ideas, and more open-mindedness.

But, hey, you joined a month ago and you've only made a few posts so far, so get stuck in. 🙂

You're right, I admit I'm sometimes a bit lazy to actually post builds and very often I lose interest and leave builds unfinished, then move on to something else.

For this reason I don't get much kits done but anyway I just posted one of my finished projects here

Will try to post at least one build of each genre in the following days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZonaModelista said:

very often I lose interest and leave builds unfinished, then move on to something else.

Ah!  that ensures you qualify to be a fully fledged member of Britmodeller! :rofl:

Other forums want to know how many kits are in your stash;  here, we want to know how many started builds on your bench/shelf! :giggle:

Mike

47 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Ah!  that ensures you qualify to be a fully fledged member of Britmodeller! :rofl:

Other forums want to know how many kits are there in your stash;  here, we want to know how many started builds on your bench/shelf! :giggle:

Mike

Is there a specific category for this? I would probably have more posts than anyone else. :rofl:

jk, maybe about 10 unfinished projects, some almost finished, some halfway done.