EE Lightning cable ducting colour Q

Ossington 2

Thanks for that photo! Rick click/save as/open up in paint/flip horizontal/then file.

I have a picture that prompted the question, but my imgur mo-jo has died, so I can't post it here, but in B&W the colour is not white or silver. If it isn't fibreglass, and the above quote suggests that's so, then primer YZC looks to be the way to go. Thanks guys.  

1 minute ago, 72modeler said:

@canberra kid,

John,

Great detail photo! One question-  was the factory erk who applied the stencils dyslexic or was the negative reversed? (Just yankin' your chain, my friend!) :giggle:

Mike

I hadn't spotted that Mike until I'd posted it, but being dyslexic myself, it's not always obvious. The biggest back to front mix up I've seen was on am USAFE T.33, the wing topside Stars and Bars were facing the wrong way! Back to the Lightning, to me it looks  like the colour of the paint is something like Coroguard?

• Like 1

One question-  was the factory erk who applied the stencils dyslexic or was the negative reversed

Deliberately done to confuse the enemy if one was captured. 

In the early 80's we had a jet come back from from a full repaint (XR770 first all light grey Lightning) all the port side stencils had been replicated on the STBD side confused a few initially.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1