1:48 scale CF18 Hornet, advice please

John McNamara

I am looking to build a 1:48 scale CF 18 Hornet and finish it the 20 year anniversary scheme. I have found that Hasegawa and Kinetic both make examples. What I am also finding is difficulty obtaining either of these kits in the UK, so where do you guys buy from.? So, are either of these kits still available, and if both are, which do you guys think is the better one?

Finally, are there any other optional manufacturers kits that I should consider?

Thanks in Advance

John.

Hannants, kingkit and g force models all have F-18 kits in stock. I've ordered from them all and had good service from each. I have a1/48 kinetic F18 in my stash, looks like a very detailed quality kit but as I've not started it yet cannot comment on build quality. G force models have a Hobby Boss F18 but it's US Navy, hannants have a couple of different Canadian Kinetic kits whilst Kingkit have some Kinetic and Hasegawa Canadian jets all in 1/48. Happy building. 

Kinetic is the more modern kit, including also weapons.

Hasegawa usually extra expensive if new and from local shops... You probably want an aftermarket cockpit and nozzles as well on the Hase kit...

Both won't be cheap. If that is your goal.go for a Monogram one, also released by Revell. Builds up nicely.

Hobbyboss also did one, that I would rate 3rd place behind Kinetic and Hasegawa.