AIRFIX 2022 rumours/thoughts/chat thread...

TEXANTOMCAT

p?i=a0cdd2180e95c4c8d91acc6745b45f8b

Looking at the title ‘Clear the Decks, range launch coming’ I think it’s an aircraft linked to Ark Royal 

1/48 Buccaneer or Phantom or Wessex would make sense as they are on the picture, maybe a Gannet, SeaHawk, Wyvern, Sea Vampire, Scimitar, Sea King, Dragonfly or Avenger has she carried those types (Sea Vixen excluded of course).

Might even be a F35 in an obscure link

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickydicky210 said:

‘Clear the Decks, range launch coming’

That's a new one, where did you read about that? 

Cheers.. Dave 

EDIT - Captain Obvious over here didn't read the writing above... and I tell my kids to Proof Read properly! 

9 hours ago, davecov said:

It is HMS Ark Royal IV (R09) as this photo shows:

spacer.png

As you can see, the waves are identical to the advent calendar. If Airfix aren't doing this ship then I can only think a 1/48 Buccaneer is on the cards. Hopefully, it is the ship.

Dave

Nailed it. Hit me with that 1/48 Bucc please Airfix, I’ll take 3! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davecov said:

It is HMS Ark Royal IV (R09) as this photo shows:

spacer.png If Airfix aren't doing this ship then I can only think a 1/48 Buccaneer is on the cards. Hopefully, it is the ship.

Dave

If that’s the Ark and it’s a clue to an aircraft, wotabout a Gannet, Wessex or Whirlwind?

Trevor

• Like 1

So the big kit will be a 1:72 Ark Royal to put all those Phantoms and Buccaneers on. Maybe a Gannet as well, but no Wessex as 'apparently' helicopters don't sell (how can they if they are not kitted 🤬).

To those who will complain that a 1:72 Ark wont fit on their shelves, Airfix have a solution, the kit comes with wall brackets for the starboard side so that you can attach it to the wall and the kit becomes the shelf.  🤪

As the Advent Calendar thread has been closed can I ask question here. Should we read anything into the fact that of all the Hornby brands that have an Advent Calendar Airfix is the only one with a door on the 25th?

• Haha 1

If it's a 1/48 aircraft, my money's on the Bucc or Spey Phantom -- we know the research is already done for those, even if the designers have to start a larger scale CAD from scratch. The thing that militates against the carrier for me is that Airfix has barely got a 1/350 ship range for it to be part of. Of course, they could re-do Illustrious with Invincible and Ark Royal markings as well for the Falklands anniversary, and have it alongside a new tool 70s Ark...

best,

M.

• Julien locked this topic