AIRFIX 2022 rumours/thoughts/chat thread...

TEXANTOMCAT

8 hours ago, Aeronut said:

I'm surprised you didn't suggest the two seater you've been hankering after.

I still am, but I suspect when they do it then it will be in 1/72 and not sure it would be worth building an event round- the two newbies I do know about are Cold War and not WW2- but if they’re doing it in 1/48 perhaps the event will feature the Arco two seater or BHH or Aerolegends- it’s the type of PR event the latter would do.

TT

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Nimrod is a possibility,

I'll never forgive Airfix for the stunt they pulled when they first released it, announcing it was only going to be produced in the number of pre-orders they got. So muggins pre-orders two at about forty quid each. Airfix then decide that plan went so well they'd produce heaven only knows how many more. They didn't sell, so traders were eventually flogging them off for about a tenner..... :rant: 

Keith

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I'll never forgive Airfix for the stunt they pulled when they first released it, announcing it was only going to be produced in the number of pre-orders they got. So muggins pre-orders two at about forty quid each. Airfix then decide that plan went so well they'd produce heaven only knows how many more. They didn't sell, so traders were eventually flogging them off for about a tenner..... :rant: 

Keith

Not Airfix, they produced exactly the numbers the traders ordered - it was the traders that over ordered based on the success of the TSR2 kit. You didn't see Airfix selling them off.

6 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

I'll suggest an ME 410 Hornisse

I won't hold my breath, but would be very happy if they did one - I have the Italeri version, and can't say its fired my enthusiasm!

Cheers

Colin

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

Not Airfix, they produced exactly the numbers the traders ordered - it was the traders that over ordered based on the success of the TSR2 kit. You didn't see Airfix selling them off.

I was told by a trader at the time that the stock he was flogging off was from a second production run Airfix had undertaken on the back of the initial pre-order run that he hadn't been involved with, and he'd bought them direct off Airfix. As that was quite some time after that initial run, I have no reason to doubt what he told me. :shrug:

Keith

7 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

It might be nice to see the E-3 Sentry and , Nimrod again

7 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Nimrod is a possibility, Heller own the E-3 tool so that won't happen

Why not?

Airfix have re-boxed and issued kits by Heller, Academy, PM, Italeri and others

10 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

It might be nice to see the E-3 Sentry and , Nimrod again

John

I'd buy a Nimrod.  Looking through my paint stash I found three -three!!!- tins of Xtracolor Hemp.  Can't imagine why I would buy three tins, but there they are.  A re-release of the Nimrod would give me something to use it on.  

3 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Anyone spot the rather prominent F-5 model on a stand in last nights programme? Presumably the Airfix one but it’s not been issued for a while....

TT

if you mean f-5 tiger it was literally reissued this year for the now delayed top gun film

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Other than Academy AFVs, they haven’t reboxed anyone else’s aircraft for a long time. And Heller’s for even longer

...and I'd wager that any Heller reboxings would date back to when they were both part of Humbrol family.