Heller - Morane 230, a real blast from the past

Beautiful craftsmanship on your Morane 230, a plane I have never heard of until today! How charming to see such a fresh and clean build next to a box that has clearly been through the rigors of time.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wulfman said:

A great build on the old Heller, a lovely kit for it’s time !

Wulfman

Thanks @Wulfman I do enjoy building these old kits from the 60's, and am rarely disappointed with how they turn out.

Cheers Pat 

This kit is looking great, you did great job!

BTW, Just few days ago, local movie channel aired 1966' movie "The Blue Max" in which Morane 230 is acting as a new German Fokker EV monoplane fighter during WWI. 

• Like 2

Pat, very nice! This small Morane in still nice kit to construct . 

BTW - apparently we went for the same party :) : I mean  I also just finished mine MS 230 & MS 225 and I hope to post photos on RFI very soon! 

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2021 at 00:07, Whofan said:

That's a lovely build, too!

Nice to see these somewhat old and quirky planes modelled so well.

Thanks mate

I do love building something a bit different,  and this fits the bill nicely. 

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

Beautiful! :goodjob:

Takes me back to late childhood/early adolescence.  Only place I could buy Heller was one more adventurous hobby shop "in town", and only from about 1969. Prior to that it was Airfix in the suburbs, with a smattering of FROG available in town too from about 1967. How I longed for so many of those types done by Heller overlooked by Airfix. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2021 at 06:01, Pyradus said:

Beautiful craftsmanship on your Morane 230, a plane I have never heard of until today! How charming to see such a fresh and clean build next to a box that has clearly been through the rigors of time.

Thanks @Pyradus

Yes I'm afraid to say a lot of my stash is old enough to count as Fossils, this being one of the original heller offerings.

I would really recommend one, they are not expensive, and really cheap if you buy a Smer boxed one !

Cheers Pat 

Great build! Love those tidy little Heller kits!

It's funny...even the sort of bow-legged stork-like inter-war designs -- when done by the French -- seem to have a certain trim elegance to them. (Whereas if a company like Blackburn in the UK, or Brewster in the US, built to the same spec, they end up looking like doghouses with wings.)

Cheers

• Thanks 1