1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

1 minute ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Warm up your wallets:

• 2021-12 - A6M2 "Over Pearl Harbor"
  • 2022-01 - A6M2 ProfiPack
  • 2022-04 - A6M2 "Over Philippines"
  • 2022 Summer / Autumn - A6M2-N
  • 2023 Spring - A6M2 Weekend

Release date of A6M2-K was not published yet.

2022 - Year Zero!

• Like 2

Expected - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=33750#p2449081

"All. From A6M2a Zero Model 11 to A6M7 Zero Model 63.

Listed:
A6M2 Zero Model 11
A6M2 Zero Model 21
A6M3 Zero Model 22
A6M3 Zero Model 22a
A6M3 Zero Model 32
A6M5 Zero Model 52
A6M5 Zero Model 52a
A6M5 Zero Model 52b
A6M5 Zero Model 52c
A6M7 Zero Model 63
A6M2-N Rufe
A6M2-K

Vl.Šulc"

V.P.

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M2 "Zero" family (from A6M2 Type 11 to A6M7 Zero Type 63) & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - 3D renders - A6M2 Type 21 release December 2021

Congratulations to Eduard for choosing a Japanese subject for their 'full Monty' treatment. While Japan was a major power in WW2, they are severely underrepresented in the modelling world. If you look at the contest tables or (western) modelling forums, you'll see predominantly German, US, and British subjects, followed by the Russians and only then come the Italians and even farther behind are the Japanese. You'll even see more Luft46 stuff than Japanese sometimes.

Therefore, I'm happy to see a recent, new tool Rei-sen family. The A6M2 (to be converted into an A6M1), A6M2-N and A6M2-K are already must-buy for me 😁

Cheers

Markus

• Like 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M2 "Zero" family (from A6M2 Type 11 to A6M7 Type 63) & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - 3D renders - A6M2 Type 21 release December 2021
47 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Warm up your wallets:

• 2021-12 - A6M2 "Over Pearl Harbor"
  • 2022-01 - A6M2 ProfiPack
  • 2022-04 - A6M2 "Over Philippines"
  • 2022 Summer / Autumn - A6M2-N
  • 2023 Spring - A6M2 Weekend

Release date of A6M2-K was not published yet.

I wonder, how will this new Zero compare to the Hasegawa one? More detail yes, but a lot fiddlier than the Hase one.

36 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Expected - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=33750#p2449081

"All. From A6M2a Zero Model 11 to A6M7 Zero Model 63.

Listed:
A6M2 Zero Model 11
A6M2 Zero Model 21
A6M3 Zero Model 22
A6M3 Zero Model 22a
A6M3 Zero Model 32
A6M5 Zero Model 52
A6M5 Zero Model 52a
A6M5 Zero Model 52b
A6M5 Zero Model 52c
A6M7 Zero Model 63
A6M2-N Rufe
A6M2-K

Vl.Šulc"

V.P.

Hasegawa better step up their game and re-release their Zeroes, or Eduard will enter the Japanese home market and compete with Hase.

1 minute ago, Sturmovik said:

I wonder, how will this new Zero compare to the Hasegawa one? More detail yes, but a lot fiddlier than the Hase one.

Think the Tamiya kit with rivets and a lot fiddlier 😁

• Like 1

I could see myself adding a Zero or two to my collection, especially as they're likely to be as good or better engineered as the P-51s.  They'll practically build themselves :)

All those that are disappointed, remember.  You're not duty-bound to state your disappointment that it doesn't suit you.  Just move along and let those that wanted a Zero have their day :yes:

dullpost.jpg

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Certainly the kits will have much better detail than Hasegawa or Tamiya. Knowing their approach to design, there will still be a bunch of extras to open up the kit and show off the interior. For me, Eduard models are easy to assemble, so I'm actually glad I'm doing 1/72 rather than 1/48. At least now I don't have a problem with how many Zeros or Wildcats I buy, even though I hadn't planned on a single one.

32 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Hasegawa better step up their game and re-release their Zeroes

There is no need for this. The money invested in the project has long since paid for itself, the models are made in steel moulds, they will still be selling in 20 years.

33 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

or Eduard will enter the Japanese home market and compete with Hase

Eduard will sell quite a few models in Japan, but that won't matter to Hasegawa at all.

40 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Hasegawa

Who?

--

Ok, more seriously. You snooze, you lose. 

Good move on Eduard's part. Even though I have Tamiya's Rufe and A6M3, I'd like a good Model 21 and this fits the bill. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 593jones said:

The Rufe looks interesting, I hope they produce it with beaching gear, though, or it will mean having to make a sea base :yikes:

5 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Certainly the kits will have much better detail than Hasegawa or Tamiya. Knowing their approach to design, there will still be a bunch of extras to open up the kit and show off the interior. For me, Eduard models are easy to assemble, so I'm actually glad I'm doing 1/72 rather than 1/48.

Eduard kits are generally easy to assemble, but some of their engineering choices do make you wonder why they produced a part a certain way that ends up making it more fiddly to assemble than it needs to be.

3 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

some of their engineering choices do make you wonder why they produced a part a certain way that ends up making it more fiddly to assemble than it needs to be.

If you talk to the designer, they will generally give a pretty reasonable reason. Generally, it's either a technological issue (you can't show the details any other way) or a matter of placing the parts on the sprues to fit the number of moulds you have set up. Rarely is it due to the designer's ignorance or some mental blackout.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

All those that are disappointed, remember.  You're not duty-bound to state your disappointment that it doesn't suit you.  Just move along and let those that wanted a Zero have their day :yes:

dullpost.jpg

Is this Zero tolerance ?????

Sorry... just had to ask :whistle:

Dick

• Haha 14

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - 3D renders - A6M2 Type 21 release December 2021

I for one think this is a great move by Eduard.  I for one will absolutely get the Rufe.  I hope this generates lots of sales for Eduard and in particular introduces modelers to their kits that might not have bought them in the past.  They make great products!

I have been wanting a new tool 1/48 Pearl Harbor A6M2 for some time having built Tamiya's wonderful 2010 A6M3. Well done Eduard and not too long to wait.

15 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Congratulations to Eduard for choosing a Japanese subject for their 'full Monty' treatment. While Japan was a major power in WW2, they are severely underrepresented in the modelling world. If you look at the contest tables or (western) modelling forums, you'll see predominantly German, US, and British subjects, followed by the Russians and only then come the Italians and even farther behind are the Japanese. You'll even see more Luft46 stuff than Japanese sometimes.

Agree completely, it's kinda shocking how few kits exist for many famous Japanese planes. The Zero is certainly a good start, almost guaranteed to sell well. Now if we could only get an Eduard Ki-84 or Ki-100 as well...

• Like 2

Oh so cool, I absolutely love Tamiya's new tool Zeros, and I am certain I will equally like Eduard's Zeros. Probably more rivets, more details, a bit more fiddly to build but many many variations, I can take it. Thanks to Eduard for this new release, and the ultimate A6M7s.