1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

4 hours ago, -Ian- said:

Another exception is the MiG-15, available as a 1/72 kit but not 1/48.

MiG-15 family was designed 10 years ago and this principle was not yet in force at that time. Bronco kits are from 2020, are good, available and priced right. With such competition, there is not much point in producing a new MiG-15 model when you can do something else. Of course they could do it (because they can do anything), but IMHO the chances are just a tad better than doing Hampden.

26 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

I doubt they do whirly birds.

They don't. They can rebox something (like both scales Mi-24 from Zvezda) but they are not into the helicopters at all. Well, OK, they released one - Petroczy-Karman-Zurovec PKZ-2 in 1996 ;)

59 minutes ago, rickpeck said:

Hopping for a Nieuport 11/16 in 1/72. I can't see a new P-47D since Tamiya is a good one in 1/72 and 1/48 unless it is a P-47N.

We will see soon.

Yes the Tamiya P-47's are very nice, but there's room for improvement and an Eduard P-47 will come but I suspect it will be way in the future until we see one.

2 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Yes the Tamiya P-47's are very nice, but there's room for improvement and an Eduard P-47 will come but I suspect it will be way in the future until we see one.

Dora Wings has announced the P-47B, it should come out next year. The question is how many more companies will announce other versions. At some point there may not be much point in getting into this topic.

But I agree that a new P-47 family from B to N, done to modern standards, would be welcome.

58 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Dora Wings has announced the P-47B, it should come out next year. The question is how many more companies will announce other versions. At some point there may not be much point in getting into this topic.

But I agree that a new P-47 family from B to N, done to modern standards, would be welcome.

I'm currently building the Tamiya Razorback and the kit is absolutely wonderful, the cockpit detail might not be 100% on Eduard's level but it all just falls together and looks great. I don't really see a need for anybody to improve on a kit like that.

That being said, I'd happily build an Eduard P-47 or two should they decide to release them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Supersonic26 said:

I don't really see a need for anybody to improve on a kit like that.

Well, the Tamiya model is 20 years old and it's hard to say that this is the whole P-47 family. In 1/48 scale there are D "Razorback", D "Bubbletop" and M versions, in 1/72 scale there are only two D variants.

No B, no C, no early D, no N, no M in 1/72. I see plenty of room for a new family made to today's standards.

• Like 1

What do we know about Voldemort?

-  Big evil

- no nose

- leader 

- he flies

Any 'evil' aircraft ?

- Luftwaffe

- Russian (American for them of course)

Aircraft lacking noses?

- Mig 17

- Mig 19

- F-86 Sabre

- F-100 Sabre

- Saab Tunnan

- F- 84

That's about as far as my knowledge goes really....

Of the above only the Migs have not been 'state of the arted' (not even a word....🤣)

All of the above were leaders in their era for their respective nation.

My analysis is based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but great fun doing it!

47 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Well, the Tamiya model is 20 years old and it's hard to say that this is the whole P-47 family. In 1/48 scale there are D "Razorback", D "Bubbletop" and M versions, in 1/72 scale there are only two D variants.

No B, no C, no early D, no N, no M in 1/72. I see plenty of room for a new family made to today's standards.

Revell do a P-47M. 

One more Voldemort related guess, a Ju-88, which in Mistel form had it's nose removed and replaced by a warhead. Being unmanned you could also say it's soul had been separated from it's body just like the big V.

Of course Eduard already produce the top bit of the Mistel in the form of the Fw-190 and Bf-109.