1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

4 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

MiG-21 two-seater (I'm not sure if variant was selected but V. Sulc said they will make it)

This has been on their list for a while and they repeatedly tell me it is in work - in the right scale! ;)

Martin

• Like 1

Perhaps a new P-38 series?

As a subject somewhat neglected.  Most kit manufacturers have 'an example', in their range, but nowhere is there a 'series' such as Eduard have tooled for the Me110.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Maybe it's the official unveiling of their P-40 series.

Wasn't there talk about the entire P-36 and P-40 series? That would be an early Christmas present. Makes sense from a business point of view too, the P-36 has a million paint scheme options, and there are plenty of different P-40s to sell as new boxings.

6 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Well... usually Eduard first creates a project in 1/48 scale, and only then converts it to 1/72 scale.

Another exception is the MiG-15, available as a 1/72 kit but not 1/48.

So that's my guess 

Edited by -Ian-

Did they not mention in the dim and distant past that they would be doing a Wildcat series in 1/48................................... or am I going senile ???

Dick 

• Like 2

Griffon Spitfires?

Or high back Mustangs...

If something "completely new", A P-47 family including P-47N would be nice. Should be to Eduards tastes - various engines, fuselage, wings and lots of colour schemes.

Edit: Yes - I am talking 1:48 😉

So they're an hour in front of us, so while we're all having our bangers and mash at 6pm, they should be unveiling their new project.  I hope it's a 1:48 Westland Wendover.  Gorgeous aircraft! :puke:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Supersonic26 said:

Wasn't there talk about the entire P-36 and P-40 series? That would be an early Christmas present. Makes sense from a business point of view too, the P-36 has a million paint scheme options, and there are plenty of different P-40s to sell as new boxings.

I believe that’s what was said. Though with Clear Prop doing the P-36 family we’ll have to see if they are still planning to do that as well as the P-40.

27 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Griffon Spitfires?

Or high back Mustangs...

If something "completely new", A P-47 family including P-47N would be nice. Should be to Eduards tastes - various engines, fuselage, wings and lots of colour schemes.

Edit: Yes - I am talking 1:48 😉

Didn’t they mentioned about them doing all the main US fighter such as the P-47 and P-38? The P-40 should be before these though but I’m looking forward to all of these. Need to get the stash of Tamiya P-47’s down a bit before the Eduard one turn up though 😉

Just now, Tbolt said:

Didn’t they mentioned about them doing all the main US fighter such as the P-47 and P-38? The P-40 should be before these though but I’m looking forward to all of these. Need to get the stash of Tamiya P-47’s down a bit before the Eduard one turn up though 😉

Well if they did, I over read this insignificant point 🙂

Main US Fighter from WW2 era? If not F-16 Viper would hint on Voldemort

Ok lets be silly..........................

1/48 Beaufighter family

Their main thrust from their own stable seems to be single engine aircraft.

Dick

• Like 1

So far (unless I've missed one) all comments have referred to aircraft which have already been comprehensively kitted. So I'm just hoping for something that hasn't been done before. Something between-the-wars or possibly civilian. Or both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABeck said:

Something between-the-wars or possibly civilian. Or both.

Well, it´s seemingly always between the wars... Bummer would be Annetra´s  missed out Mi-8/17??

I doubt they do whirly birds. Ok they just did a Hind boxing, and the Voldemord riddle could also hind at a Cobra but ... er I just do not think so.

2 minutes ago, 593jones said:

I'll put my two pennoth in, 1/48 Hampden.  They could do the bomber and torpedo bomber versions, then give it new engines and release a Hereford.

I'll go and lie down now.

Would be verrrrrry nice but now it really starts sounding like a wish list 😄

Lets face it.

It'll be the wrong scale...wrong subject.....wrong mark.   BUT ........ it will sell by the bucket load.

It won't be a Wright flyer..... because two wrongs don't make a Wright.

Ok time for my medication :yahoo:

Dick