1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

13 minutes ago, supersonic said:

I'm most interested in the A6M3 version, are there any infos yet when this version will be released....?

None. It certainly won't be released in the first half of 2022, and next month Eduard will announce plans for the second half of 2022 and maybe then anything will be known.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Question for people who bought the dual combo, are the hinomarus really that different red color from the fuselage bands? Depending on the online image source, they range from light brick red to normal red, but the bands always look darker and redder.

Looking at Mike's review there does seem to be a difference between the two;

• Like 1

I've passed on the Tora Tora boxing. Altough its cheap since it has two kits in the box,its yet another limited edition without a single resin bit. And with three Zeros in my stash, I dont need two new ones. Already pre-ordered the Profipack box due next month to build the  ATAIU captured Zero with aftermarket decals.

7 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Ooof. It seems that overtrees and aftermarket decals are the way to go.

Hinomaru and bands should be not-the-same-red (at least going by Nick Millman's blog). 

7 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

There are many 'orrible photos of built up kits with grainy, see-thru decals.

Where? 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, dragonlanceHR said:

Question for people who bought the dual combo, are the hinomarus really that different red color from the fuselage bands? Depending on the online image source, they range from light brick red to normal red, but the bands always look darker and redder.

The hinomaru are lighter, as they should be. The Japnese used a roundel red plus a darker insignia red but everyone except Eduard just does them the same colour.

Andy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxbat said:

The hinomaru are lighter, as they should be. The Japnese used a roundel red plus a darker insignia red but everyone except Eduard just does them the same colour.

Andy

Nope. Hinomarus were dark. The are few colour photos showing that the paint used to paint national insygnia was strong enough to survive for years without mach fading. And if you look at Japanese photos taken around the Pearl, you can see that tactical markings are the same colour.

1 hour ago, DominikS said:

Nope. Hinomarus were dark. The are few colour photos showing that the paint used to paint national insygnia was strong enough to survive for years without mach fading. And if you look at Japanese photos taken around the Pearl, you can see that tactical markings are the same colour.

From page 6 of Combat Colours No 9: The Mitsubishi Zero by Nick MIllman: The IJN specified a distinct paint colour B3 for the brighter red of the hinomaru and another, slightly duller, deeper red B2 for all other red markings...

Nothing there about it fading or not being strong enough to  survive for years or even  that either colour was light. Just noting that they were slightly different colours, the hinomaru colour was brighter and saying what the colours were. My decals are also slightly different colours, not hugely different, but enough that the hinomaru are brighter than the other reds. This makes me happy :)

Andy

• Like 1

Well slightly is not what I would call the difference between Eduard hinomarus and the bands. However... look at those roundels.

The fb app has decided not to play nice so I had to use the image sharing site. All credits to the original builder D. E. Perezvertii from Eduard model builders group on fb.

Image is posted for decal colora and density discussion purposes only, no slight to the builder.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

Well that's not the colour I imagine when I think "hinomaru".

This is photo from the same group, from this post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/811765288916408/posts/4624798977613001/

Upper is original, lower one is slightly corrected. Looks a little bit better, I guess?

Zeros.jpg

• Like 1

Well... no. Those hinomarus look dull and faded. Like k5054nz wrote: "Well that's not the colour I imagine when I think "hinomaru"." Maybe Eduard got it right, and everybody else got it wrong,  IDK. But first thought when I look at those decals is "They look strange"

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Well that's not the colour I imagine when I think "hinomaru".

Mr Sulc has recently said this is intentional. According to their sources, the colour used for hinomaru initially looked like this and (essentially) got darker over time. And at the time of PH, the planes were relatively new. For their Profipack boxing, the decal sheet will include hinomaru in two different shades - lighter and darker - for modellers to choose from, as this boxing spans a longer time period.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Eduard Info for January 2022 has news that during the second quarter of the year Eduard will release a Limited Edition A6M kit called Zero Zero Zero. Ten to twelve marking options will be included. Then the Profipack A6M2-N will be released. The A6M3 22 and 32 will be released in Limited Edition kits later in the year just as the F4Fs are hitting the market.

There was no detailed explanation about which A6Ms will be in the Zero Zero Zero kit. It may just be the A6M2s or a mix of the A6M2 and A6M3? :eat:

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2022/info-eduard-2022-01en.pdf.pdf

See pages 4-5. :dog:

Edited by Masinissa
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 Type 21 released
On 1/15/2022 at 3:01 AM, Stephen said:

Folding wingtip conversion by Eduard to be released in March. 

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2022-03en.pdf 

It will be interesting to see more of Eduard's A6M2 folding wingtip. There are a couple of little details you need to add, like the red L-shaped metal angle that protected the aileron when the tip was up. Also the locking and release mechanism may need to be built.

See: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/82335-a6m2b-zero-shades-of-grey/page/9/

86WingtipProtector-vi.jpg

87LockingIndicator-vi.jpg

• 2 months later...

April boxing - ref. 11158 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 21 "Zero" - "Zero Zero Zero" - Dual Combo

Source:

Box design of upcoming new April release, 1/48 scale ZERO ZERO ZERO! Dual Combo. Limited Edition kit cat. no. 11158.

Box-art by Kateřina Borecká.

277160858-5573565225991712-2704605467199

277148909-5573564889325079-3883614172689

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Released  - ref. 11158 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 21 "Zero" - "Zero Zero Zero" - Dual Combo

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/zero-zero-zero!-dual-combo-1-48.html

11158_3d_krabice_bpzd.png

An soon - ref. 82211 A6M2 Zero Type 11 - ProfiPack

https://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/eduard-82211-a6m2-zero-type-11-profipack-1-48-25536/

edm82211.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Homebee said:

Released  - ref. 11158 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 21 "Zero" - "Zero Zero Zero" - Dual Combo

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/zero-zero-zero!-dual-combo-1-48.html

11158_3d_krabice_bpzd.png

V.P.

It's strange how Eduard are releasing these kits. This boxing has been available from other retailers for over 3 weeks and only now appears on their own site for sale.

I noticed this with some of their Spitfire boxing's as well, it's like they make sure retailers are fully stock before selling it on their own site.

• Like 1