1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

18 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Warm up your wallets:

• 2021-12 - A6M2 "Over Pearl Harbor"
  • 2022-01 - A6M2 ProfiPack
  • 2022-04 - A6M2 "Over Philippines"
  • 2022 Summer / Autumn - A6M2-N
  • 2023 Spring - A6M2 Weekend

Release date of A6M2-K was not published yet.

I assume Over Pearl Harbour will be a Dual Combo? Really looking forward to it. 

3 minutes ago, TheFlyingShamrock said:

I assume Over Pearl Harbour will be a Dual Combo? Really looking forward to it. 

Yep, this has been officially confirmed: Two sets of sprues, masks and photoetched parts, together with a large decal sheet.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Warm up your wallets:

• 2021-12 - A6M2 "Over Pearl Harbor"
  • 2022-01 - A6M2 ProfiPack
  • 2022-04 - A6M2 "Over Philippines"
  • 2022 Summer / Autumn - A6M2-N
  • 2023 Spring - A6M2 Weekend

Release date of A6M2-K was not published yet.

A6M2 ProfiPack and the Rufe for me I think :)

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - 3D renders+sprues design+schemes - A6M2 Type 21 release December 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - 3D renders+sprues design+schemes+test build - A6M2 Type 21 release December 2021

Generally it really looks good. However the exhausts look like in Tamiya's 72nd Reisen 21. Even Fine Molds made it better. I was really expecting something like in newer Tamiya's Reisen 22 from 2010 (I think it was 2010). 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, DominikS said:

Generally it really looks good. However the exhausts look like in Tamiya's 72nd Reisen 21. Even Fine Molds made it better. I was really expecting something like in newer Tamiya's Reisen 22 from 2010 (I think it was 2010). 

No doubt Eduard will have a resin solution to upsell people....  But yes looks like a nice kit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Given that Eduard is opening a "war in the Pacific" project with these novelties, I suppose a separate box with aircraft from the Kamikaze units will also appear.

Yes that would seem to be a logical step at some point in the production. 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - 3D renders+sprues design+schemes+test build+box art - A6M2 Type 21 release December 2021

Box art - ref. 11155 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 21 Zero - Over Pearl Harbor - Dual Combo limited edition

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/5105689492779290

TORA TORA TORA! 1/48 DUAL COMBO

Author of the artwork used on box design of 1/48 scale A6M2 Zero Type 21 Limited Edition kit is by Piotr Forkasiewicz, box design by Jan Zdiarský.

Eduard’s brand new kit will be available from December 1, 2021 under cat. no. 11155.

Mitsu.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

Nice box art. Am I the only one not interested in this boxing? To me having a boxing with two kits on with all very similar markings doesn't interest me. I would have though this would have been better as a single boxing and keep the dual boxing for two different versions.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Am I the only one not interested in this boxing?

I'm a 1/72 guy, so this model doesn't interest me at all. But if it was in 1/72, I wouldn't buy it either, just because of the fact that the shelf paintings are basically identical.

On the other hand, I perfectly understand that for Zero fans, being able to make a couple of attack machines is valuable enough to buy such a box.

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I would have though this would have been better as a single boxing and keep the dual boxing for two different versions.

Eduard has abandoned the Royal Class boxes, but has not abandoned the release of special editions as the first boxes of a new model. This is understandable, the people most willing to buy the novelty will easily pay for a double box.

And we will certainly see double boxes of Zero many more times.

• Like 1

Even the dual combos aren’t as good a value as they were 12 months ago.

Mk 1 Spitfire came with a resin DB, the 109 came with a resin AG, the Mk II Spit came with ground crew but they seem tub have stopped these little bonuses. 

There was nothing in Eagle’s Call, The Sweeps, or this. 

You’re getting good value with the two kits, masks, and PE but extra resin bit or something would be nice. 

Nevermind the cool Nicknacks that used to be included in the Royal Editions. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Nice box art. Am I the only one not interested in this boxing? To me having a boxing with two kits on with all very similar markings doesn't interest me. I would have though this would have been better as a single boxing and keep the dual boxing for two different versions.

Completely agree, if there was more in the way of variety in marking schemes I'd have seriously considered this, as it is I'll wait for the bog standard Profipack. 

4 hours ago, TheFlyingShamrock said:

Mk 1 Spitfire came with a resin DB, the 109 came with a resin AG, the Mk II Spit came with ground crew but they seem tub have stopped these little bonuses. 

There was nothing in Eagle’s Call, The Sweeps, or this. 

You’re getting good value with the two kits, masks, and PE but extra resin bit or something would be nice. 

Nevermind the cool Nicknacks that used to be included in the Royal Editions. 

The extras in the Royal Pack boxings gradually became less impressive as time went on too, a lot of the older ones had a piece of airframe mounted on a small plaque but they were dropped about 5 years ago, a couple of years later the nice limited edition glasses went too, leaving just very uninspiring extras such as a photo booklet or a poster before Eduard finally discontinued the range.

Edited by -Ian-
  • Like 1

Long long time ago Dual Combos meant between 35-50% price reduction on the second kit , today its at best 15%, but they are selling great none the less, in fact Eduard " Limited Edition" kits are highly sought after by collectors( what majority of buyers are).

On the negative side, most of current ones or in the last 2-3 years are devoid of imagination,

aside from VLR Mustangs and Jabo Fw's there is almost no variation, no special boxings including variants/parts that cannot be found

outside from LE boxes, as was before.

No Russian Mk.IX's, French Mk.IX's, FR.IX's, night fighting Fw 190's etc...etc...

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheFlyingShamrock said:

All I can say is "it depends". For some these sets make no sense, others are delighted with them.

Fortunately Eduard releases Profipack sets fairly quickly, and if you like a bargain, after a year you have a cheap Weekend edition.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

All I can say is "it depends". For some these sets make no sense, others are delighted with them.

Fortunately Eduard releases Profipack sets fairly quickly, and if you like a bargain, after a year you have a cheap Weekend edition.

Also while a lot of the special editions are less impressive, you now seem to get four markings in the Weekend kits making them very good valve.

I think a lot of people are swayed by the box art of the special editions. I'll wait for the Weekend boxing of the A6M2 as I don't want PE on every build.

• Like 2