1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21 - over Pearl Harbor - Tora Tora Tora!

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/5020571261291114

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=33675#p2448979

1. prosince je oficiální uvedení stavebnice TORA TORA TORA! do prodeje.
TORA TORA TORA je stavebnice řady Limited Edition, tematicky zaměřená na japonský útok na Pearl Harbour 7. prosince 1941.
Dvanáct markingů zahrnuje stroje nasazené jak v obou útočných vlnách, tak při patrolách nad mateřskými letadlovými loděmi. Za každou loď je tam jeden stroj z každé vlny, u dvou lodí, jejichž Zera se druhé vlny neúčastnila (Šókaku a Zuikaku) jsou tam jen stroje z 1. vlny, plus po jednom stroji z první a druhé patroly. Vybrali jsme stroje reprezentující různé verze označení strojů z jednotlivých letadlových lodí, i zajímavé osobnosti z řad pilotů s velkými životními příběhy. Technicky je stavebnice řešena jako Dual Combo se dvěma sadami výlisků, masek a fotoleptů a velkým obtiskovým aršíkem.
Vydáváme edici 6 000 kusů.

Googled

December 1 is the official launch of the TORA TORA TORA kit! for sale.
TORA TORA TORA is a limited edition kit, thematically focused on the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
Twelve markings include machines deployed in both attack waves and patrols over the mother aircraft carriers. For each ship there is one machine from each wave, for two ships whose Zera did not participate in the second wave (Shokaku and Zuikaku) there are only machines from the 1st wave, plus one machine from the first and second patrols. We selected machines representing different versions of machine designations from individual aircraft carriers, as well as interesting personalities from the ranks of pilots with great life stories. Technically, the kit is designed as a Dual Combo with two sets of moldings, masks and photo-etchings and a large decal sheet.
We publish an edition of 6,000 pieces.

245565894-5020564147958492-3501717180928
242815897-5020564121291828-8330005478544
245815381-5020564107958496-5825598245713
245711171-5020564231291817-6767767137191

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21 by Eduard - 3D renders - release December 2021
4 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

they would now I just bought 3 Hase zero's......🤣

For some time now, I do have two rules when shopping:

• seriously consider the point of buying kits older than 10 years,
  • not to buy kits older than 20 years.

As a result, I have not bought a dozen models that have either already been released or have been announced :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I wonder if there'll be a folding wingtip option.

Looking at the render it's hard to tell. It doesn't seem to be there, but with some thoughtful design you could make an option to cut off the ends and put some extra element in there.

Edit: Someone asked about folding wings in Zero and Wildcat and the answer is: No, they won't. That doesn't make sense in our concept of kits.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
More info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Supersonic26 said:

I'm currently building the Tamiya Razorback and the kit is absolutely wonderful, the cockpit detail might not be 100% on Eduard's level but it all just falls together and looks great. I don't really see a need for anybody to improve on a kit like that.

That being said, I'd happily build an Eduard P-47 or two should they decide to release them.

But when Tamiya announced their P-47 a lot of people said do we really need another P-47? 😂

But what Eduard are doing is an A6M, of which Tamiya has a very nice tooling which is quite a bit more modern than the Tamiya P-47. Though Tamiya didn't retool the A6M2 which is what Eduard are starting with.

21 minutes ago, oz rb fan said:

well it's nice to have a new A6M2,seeing as Tamiya seems to have forgotten it.

It appears Tamiya left the Rufe and A6m2 to Hasegawa and did such a wonderful A6M3 and 5 for themselves.  I wondered if this was an agreement they worked out.  Anyway I have a lovely hasegawa a6m2 built and will be interested in seeing the Eduard kit!

Eduard on ModelForum:

TORA TORA TORA TORA is a Limited Edition kit, thematically focused on the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour on December 7, 1941.

The twelve markings include machines deployed in both attack waves and during patrols over the mother carriers. For each ship there is one machine from each wave, for the two ships whose Zeros did not participate in the second wave (Shokaku and Zuikaku) there are only machines from the first wave, plus one machine each from the first and second patrols. We have selected machines representing different versions of the designations of the machines from each carrier, as well as interesting personalities from the pilots with great life stories. Technically the kit is designed as a Dual Combo with two sets of mouldings, masks and photo etchings and a large decal sheet.

We are releasing an edition of 6,000 pieces.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jackaubrey22 said:

Very happy. Hope they will do less common version like a6m2-k or rufe a6m. 

They have already said they are doing A6M2 type 11 to A6M7, including the A6M2-N and A6M2-K.

From FB:

Screenshot_20211014-190023.png

• Thanks 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21, A6M2-N & K by Eduard - 3D renders - release December 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 21 "Zero", A6M2-N "Rufe" & A6M2-K by Eduard - 3D renders - A6M2 release December 2021