1/48 - Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" family & Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" by Eduard - A6M2 type 11/21, A6M3 type 22/32 & A6M2-N released

Homebee

Thanks HKR 👍

Eduard worked in secret on a new kit and tomorrow it will be announced 7PM (Warsaw Time)

UPDATE - It'll be a family of 1/48th Mitsubishi A6M "Zero"

Source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=33390#p2448351

by Vl.Šulc »Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:58 am

První informace o projektu Voldemort zveřejníme zítra, 14. října, v 19:00 na Facebooku, Instagramu a zde na Modelfóru.
Další podrobnosti budou následovat během pátku, předpokládám, že se jím budeme zabývat i v Baru u Lepiče v pátek večer. Srdečně vás zvu!

Googled:

We will publish the first information about the Voldemort project tomorrow, October 14, at 19:00 on Facebook, Instagram and here at Modelfóra.
Further details will follow during Friday, I assume that we will deal with it in the Bar at Lepič on Friday evening. Cordially invite you!

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/?? - new kit "Voldemort Project" from Eduard to be announced tomorrow

I like the idea of a Hurricane family in 1/48, let us be honest it almost has to be an aircraft that they can do a family, it is Eduard’s way and make sense for all the accessories they produce.

Whatever it is I will more than buy at least one:)

• Like 3

some possibilities, which means it will be none of them:

1/72 MiG-17?

1/72 F-86 family - Eduard would have a field day with all the wing variations 

1/48 Mosquito family

1/72 Mig-23/27 family

1/48 Yak-3?

1/48 Yak-9 family

1/48 P-51B/C

1/48 P-51/P-51A/A-36/Mustang I/II

1/72 IL-2 Sturmovick - revisiting a subject they did many years ago

1/48 Fokker F.I/Dr.I - they did a new Camel, so why not?

1/48 Albatros D.I/III/V

1/72 Su-15 Family and God knows we need an accurate one

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

1/48 Yak-9 family

1/48 P-51/P-51A/A-36/Mustang I/II

1/72 Su-15 Family and God knows we need an accurate one

I like all of these, but in 1/72 where otherwise specified.

John

Doesn't Vordemort roughly translate to "Flight of Death"?

Maybe that 242sqd Hurricane out of their 1/72 DualCombo kit with the skeleton holding the sickle is some sort of clue.

The Corsair was known as Whistling Death. 🤷‍♂️

There is a competition currently initiated by Mr.Sulc on the czech modelforum, where the first 3 people to correctly guess this kit type will receive it for free - one limited edition, one profipack and one overtrees edition. 

Most mentioned types so far are the Zero, P40 and P51 haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmaas said:

Voldemort's actual name was Tom Riddle.  So obviously a 1/48 Tomcat series....

Maybe Eduard also wants the modeller to "riddle" their new model.

Any other meaning behind the name Voldemort project. 

Voldemort was also know as "he who should not be named". It could be another meaning to remind the Eduard staff not to name the project. 

• Like 1

If I’m honest, the thing that would excite me most is a Spitfire Mk I in 1/72 scale. Knowing that KP are just about to release theirs, I wouldn’t rule it out. I don’t care if “the world doesn’t need another Spitfire”, because I do.

I would not be upset about a 1/72 P-51D, MiG-21SMT or Bis either.

• Like 1

I’m hoping for the following in the gentleman’s scale:- La-9, La-11, La-15, MiG-19, Yak-9, but I’m not holding my breath !

Wulfman

P.S. Yak-9 could be quite a family.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeffth said:

Voldemort=flat nose.  I'm betting it's a new tool C-130A!

I would rather think  of the Polikarpov I-15 Chato as the flat nose - and the right size for Eduard kits in both 1/72 and 1/48 scale.

And with the option of a large number of variants possible with Russian, Finish, Chinese and Spanish civil war markings.

Only competition being ICM kits, so there is room for another series of I-15/153 kits.

I think Eduard will leave the Hurricanes to their friends in Arma - maybe doing a few boxings for them,

• Like 1

Well... usually Eduard first creates a project in 1/48 scale, and only then converts it to 1/72 scale. Exceptions to this rule seem to be complete moulds (1/32 Bf 108) or projects (1/72 Z-37 Cmelak) purchased from external companies.

These kits were announced already:

• 1/48 - Avia S-199 / Avia CS-199
  • 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf 109K-4
  • 1/48 - Zlin Trener family
  • 1/72 - Avia S-199 / Avia CS-199
  • 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf 109F/G
  • 1/72 - next variants of the MiG-21 family (MiG-21R and MiG-21bis are confirmed)

In one issue of Eduard Info there was a list of projects in 1/48 that are under consideration / present in the distant plans. Don't go wild with joy, it's more of a list of what Eduard would love to do, but it's unclear if they'll definitely do. After all, the competition isn't sleeping either:

• MiG-21 two-seater (I'm not sure if variant was selected but V. Sulc said they will make it)
  • P-36
  • P-39
  • P-40
  • P-51 "before D variants"

On the other hand, in discussions on ModelForum, these types were repeatedly rejected:

• MiG-17 family
  • MiG-19 family

If this is to be a completely new project and it is to be a surprise, I am betting on a kit in 1/48, a single engine prop rather than something larger.

If it is to be something new but not necessarily a complete surprise, it could be a 1/72 scale design of a model they have already done in 1/48 scale - early Fw 190A, Tempest, P-51D, Spitfire I-V.

A6M Zero in 1/48, mentioned earlier, is a very good project for Eduard. The family is sizable, there are many painting schemes, at the same time there are no new and good models. Hasegawa and Tamiya kits are quite old now:

• 1973 - A6M2 - Tamiya
  • 1982 - A6M5 - Hasegawa
  • 1994 - A6M3 - Hasegawa
  • 1996 - A6M2 - Hasegawa 
  • 2008 - A6M3 / A6M5 - Tamiya
  • Like 2