Jump to content

Flexpads by Flexifile


Lewis95
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

 

Run myself into some confusion here. I've got a set of these on hand but I'm trying to order replacements and I've managed to confuse myself. 

 

I'm looking at this set : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222442887510?hash=item33caa11956:g:9wUAAOSwTM5YzBRy but I've read elsewhere that these grits are actually 150 320 etc etc. Is that just the US naming convention and these are actually 1500, 3200 etc? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's just a part number, not the grit size. Even if it would be an imperial versus metric situation the numbers don't add up. Shoot the seller a message, maybe they can clear it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Grit sizes are 150, 280, 320 and 600 with corresponding part numbers 1500, 2800, 3200 and 6000. The 3210 is the fine grained finishing file.

The UK distributors are Albion Alloys. This is their brochure for the Flex-i-File range https://www.albionhobbies.com/wp-content/uploads/Abrasives.pdf

Edited by rod mcq
spelling error
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/10/2021 at 20:28, bmwh548 said:

I think it's just a part number, not the grit size. Even if it would be an imperial versus metric situation the numbers don't add up. Shoot the seller a message, maybe they can clear it up.

I think you would be correct on that one! 

On 13/10/2021 at 20:35, rod mcq said:

The Grit sizes are 150, 280, 320 and 600 with corresponding part numbers 1500, 2800, 3200 and 6000. The 3210 is the fine grained finishing file.

The UK distributors are Albion Alloys. This is their brochure for the Flex-i-File range https://www.albionhobbies.com/wp-content/uploads/Abrasives.pdf

Thanks for that bud. No wonder why I found the coarse stick to be so effective at 1500 grit.... Turns out I've been using 150 grit! I've since acquired a Micro-Mesh 1500 - 12000 set for some extra buffing of puttied areas.

On 13/10/2021 at 18:53, dogsbody said:

I'm not sure. All I have and use are these:

Chris

Very similar to what I've currently got. Though as above, I've just acquired a Micro Mesh set for additional buffing. I also have use of a nail block which works fantastic for initial cleanup and has a brilliant polishing pad. Only issue with the block is that it's bigger than most 72nd WW2 fighters! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lewis95 said:

Very similar to what I've currently got. Though as above, I've just acquired a Micro Mesh set for additional buffing. I also have use of a nail block which works fantastic for initial cleanup and has a brilliant polishing pad. Only issue with the block is that it's bigger than most 72nd WW2 fighters! 

 

My youngest daughter is a trained makeup specialist who works at a local boutique. She got me this to polish up some landing lights.

 

50121048667_c164de91aa_o.jpg

 

 

 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...