First build in new " Cave "

Andy J

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Now you're talking -that RS2 print is lovely (and the Delta isn't bad either!)

Good choice on black for the interior, looks really good!

Just hope the Texaco decals work as good as they look!

K

I like the prints Keith they are great space fillers and I have a few more in mind 🙂. How smart is that RS2 mate ....simply stunning imo. The black interior is the easy option and that's why I chose it . Reason being I have the RS500 to build so I need to finish the Delta so I can move on. 

As for the decals well they look the business and I see no reason why they shouldn't work out fine 🙂👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

As for the decals well they look the business and I see no reason why they shouldn't work out fine

Unfortunately so do Shunko, which look brilliantly printed but are absolute rubbish!!

I have heard a number of good reports anout the SK ones though so hopefully they work well (very hopefully as I have more than a couple of their sheets!! :) )

K

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Unfortunately so do Shunko, which look brilliantly printed but are absolute rubbish!!

I have heard a number of good reports anout the SK ones though so hopefully they work well (very hopefully as I have more than a couple of their sheets!! :) )

K

Yep time will tell i suppose but if they don't work out there's no one else to blame but.........you 😂😂😂👍. Like I told the gaffer I only brought them because Keith recommended them 😉👍

• Haha 2

So as planned I've clear coated the shell and I'm quite happy with the results. Now it bares no resemblance to the Blu Lagos version of this car but as explained earlier in the thread I'm not concerned about that I'm simply trying to create a nice looking Delta to put on the shelf 🙂. The clear coat went down well enough and I can certainly see the metallic pearl effect in the cave though I'm not certain it comes across that well in the pic's it is there. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've also experimented with using BMF on the front grille and although a little tricky to do i think it's turned out ok 

spacer.png

So that's it for today I'm happy with the progress I've made and this build should be finished soon. Thanks for looking 🙂👍

• Like 9

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That clear really did make quite a difference to the colour Andy, but I agree nothing like the colour it should be - whatever, the shell is looking really good!

Grille is pretty neat too!

Thanks Keith it's not the most exciting colour I've ever seen but I still think when the kit's together it will look fine. At least with the RS500 it's just one colour and even i should be able to get that one right 😂👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

The blue looks good to me, I too would much rather have the shade slightly off and a good level of finish, rather than the perfect colour,  but a questionable result.   I also think the shade suits the Delta. - Andy 

Thanks Andy and I agree i think the final result will be just fine 🙂 👍 

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

That colour looks fine to me, nicely done.

Thanks Jeroen it is a colour that was used on the Delta just not as popular as the rest 🙂👍

5 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Looking good mate 

Thanks i think once the grille is in place and the other various bits and pieces it will look ok 🙂👍

So not really an update as such but I thought I'd take a pic of the shell outside in the daylight to show the real colour. I'm amazed at the difference between the indoor shots and this outdoor pic but it certainly makes a difference 

spacer.png

Definitely Blue to my eye 🙂👍

• Like 9

That's just weird....!! Apart from the overscale metallic flakes (a Zero favourite!!) it looks almost like the real Blu Lagos colour now...!! 

And I'm with Nick - nice glossiness....!! 

It all looks pretty stunning actually! :)

K

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's just weird....!! Apart from the overscale metallic flakes (a Zero favourite!!) it looks almost like the real Blu Lagos colour now...!! 

And I'm with Nick - nice glossiness....!! 

It all looks pretty stunning actually! :)

K

I agree about the flakes Keith which is a shame but I'm intrigued now to see just what this Delta will look like when finished 🤔 

Got to agree that the colour looks much better outside. I'm guessing that inside something about the light source is throwing the white balance of the camera off.

Shame about the flakes, but the job you've made of the paintwork is excellent.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Got to agree that the colour looks much better outside. I'm guessing that inside something about the light source is throwing the white balance of the camera off.

Shame about the flakes, but the job you've made of the paintwork is excellent.

Thanks Spiny and I agree about the light source which is something I'm going to have to investigate further 🙂👍

• Like 2

Another update and today I've managed to join the body and chassis together. Earlier in the build I mentioned the shell being warped and one of the A pillars being bent. Fortunately it seems my heating and twisting of the shell has worked as I have four wheels flat to the floor and the windscreen seems to fit ok. The clear parts do have some scratches present but I don't think they are to bad now the parts have been fixed together. When I first painted the shell I have to admit I wasn't impressed with the colour however with the clear coat applied and now thourghly dry it's grown on me to the point where I actually think it's a pretty cool colour for this car. There are still various parts to fit but not many and they are all painted and ready to go. Here's a few pic's of today's progress though as I say there are still minor bits to fit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So that's it for now should have this one finished soon. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely!! That's looking really good Andy! Still can't get over the difference in the colour! No sign of any warp in the body from here either! :thumbsup:

K

Cheers Keith like i mentioned earlier I'm really happy with how this one is turning out now it's nice to be pleasantly surprised 🙂👍

• Like 1