First build in new " Cave "

Andy J

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

although I'd rather finish the shell first

Yeh, get on with it, stop keeping us all in suspense as to what the colour ends up looking like....!!! 🤣

Like the grubbiness on the running gear Andy, really neat work! Being a Lancia all it needs now is some rust holes in the floor....!! :whistle:

K

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Yeh, get on with it, stop keeping us all in suspense as to what the colour ends up looking like....!!! 🤣

Like the grubbiness on the running gear Andy, really neat work! Being a Lancia all it needs now is some rust holes in the floor....!! :whistle:

K

Sorry I didn't realise you were waiting to see how the colour turns out so with that in mind.........I will tackle the interior first 😆👍

Grubbiness!!! I think you mean my rather stunning weathering skills....at least that's how I see it 😏

In other news Keith i have some canvas wall art incoming and there's one in particular I think you'll like 😉👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great job on the undersides  Andy.  Really looking forward to seeing the interior now !!!

Chris

Cheers Chris the interior will involve more work than the chassis but should look ok when finished 👍 

• Like 1

So another update and today due to lack of bench time again 🙄 I decided to tackle the wheels. Now I could have just painted them silver and moved on but I thought I would put in a little more effort so I've actually applied 4 different shades of colour just to see if I could make the wheels look a little more realistic. So first off a black basecoat followed by a coat of Dark Aluminium then a lighter coat of regular Aluminium and finally a mist coat of Light Aluminium. I was hoping to add some depth to the wheels and I'm quite happy with the results 🙂

spacer.png

I definitely think they look a bit more realistic although I admit the shade differences are very subtle i think it works. I've started preparing the interior parts for painting and will be going all black with the interior as this build is no longer the Blu Lagos version more my own interpretation based on a reference pic posted earlier in the wip thread. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

They look like real wheels and tyres lined up ready to be sold ! 
Gary .

Thanks Gary your comment makes the extra effort worthwhile cheers mate 🙂👍

• Like 1

So I was going to finish off the interior today after work but......a couple of my paint racks turned up so I decided to add a bit of Bling to the cave instead 🙂

spacer.png

I'm still waiting for more "Essential " items to arrive but that will do for now. Hopefully I'll be able to crack on with the interior after work tomorrow. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

So I was going to finish off the interior today after work but......a couple of my paint racks turned up so I decided to add a bit of Bling to the cave instead 🙂

spacer.png

I'm still waiting for more "Essential " items to arrive but that will do for now. Hopefully I'll be able to crack on with the interior after work tomorrow. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

I always have an eye on your threaths Andy 🤗

Your place looks superb, makes me somekind of jealous just bcs I'm used to do everthing more or less chaotic 🤔😇

Marco F 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

I always have an eye on your threaths Andy 🤗

Your place looks superb, makes me somekind of jealous just bcs I'm used to do everthing more or less chaotic 🤔😇

Marco F 

Thanks Marco but it's not as tidy as you might think.....infact I found a tiny blob of black primer on my worktop today most annoying 🤨😉👍

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Oh no, it's the end of the world as we know it...... 🤣

Actually it wasn't black paint it was a squashed currant which must have come from the toasted teacakes i had earlier.....all 6 of em 😋

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Glad to see you back at it, and I must say doing Stirling work, keep it up mate.

Thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍

So today I have a proper build update and things are coming together nicely. The chassis,wheels and interior have been completed and fixed together with no issues at all. One of my least favourite parts of building any car kit is fitting the wheels to the suspension where gentle pressure is required but you can almost sense the components are ready to break at any time. Fortunately on this occasion the wheels slid into place no problem which brought about a large sigh of relief. Now I know the interior is slightly boring being all black but imo it looks fine and will do the job nicely. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm happy with the results so far especially the wheels i reckon with the shell in place they'll look great. The shell will be clear coated on Sunday as tomorrow I'm attending my cousins wedding so no cave dwelling tomorrow 🙂. In other news the Texaco decals for my upcoming RS500 build arrived today and @keefr22 was spot on as they look superb. 

spacer.png

So that's where I'm up to for now hopefully Sunday I'll get to see exactly what colour this Delta is going to be and fingers crossed it looks at least a little like the reference pic. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 11

So just after posting the last update a parcel arrived containing a couple of canvases I ordered. They are now in place in the cave and I like what I see 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

A few more required methinks 🤔😉👍

• Like 8