First build in new " Cave "

Andy J

So after 3 months away from the bench I'm finally ready to play with some plastic again πŸ™‚. I've chosen the kit below for the first build pretty basic stuff tbh but a subject I'm very fond of

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

So why the Tamiya rattle can's πŸ€” Well I've decided to try out the TS Paints through the airbrush and see what results I can achieve. I've already decanted the grey primer and I will tackle the blue paint tomorrow. I've had a quick look through the kit and other than the shell which requires a fair amount of clean up and fettling the rest looks pretty basic and straightforward. The kit instructions would have you paint the seats and door cards in yellow πŸ™„ that will not be happening with this build I just can't face a yellow interior 😱 Also the wheels will not be silver too plain Jane for my liking so I'll have a hunt through my metal colours and see what I can find πŸ˜‰. That's all for now but rest assured I will be working on this build shortly and will post progress soon.Β 

Β  Thanks for looking back soon πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, Andy J said:

that will not be happening with this build I just can't face a yellow interior

Β 

BOOOOOOOO....!!! 🀣 (I mean who doesn't like a yellow interior :shrug: :rofl2:)

Β 

WIth you on the silver wheels though! πŸ‘

Β 

Looking forward to seeing how the paintjob turns out!

Β 

Keith

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Great to see you back in plasticπŸ€—

The Delta is a good choice for the restart.Β 

Why not a yellow interieur? And yellow rims 😎🀫

Marco FΒ 

Have you been sniffing paint again Marco πŸ€”

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

BOOOOOOOO....!!! 🀣 (I mean who doesn't like a yellow interior :shrug: :rofl2:)

Β 

WIth you on the silver wheels though! πŸ‘

Β 

Looking forward to seeing how the paintjob turns out!

Β 

Keith

Β 

Β 

Yellow interior i ask you what were they thinking.....Lancia Delta Birds Custard Edition methinks πŸ™‚

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Yellow interior i ask you what were they thinking.....Lancia Delta Birds Custard Edition methinks πŸ™‚

Remember...in these days it was also fashionable for men to wear pink jacketsΒ πŸ™ˆΒ and curlied hairΒ πŸ˜‚

Marco FΒ 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

Great choice for the christening of the cave, I'll be watching with interest - AndyΒ 

Thanks Andy after 3 months gardening leave I'm itching to get on with it πŸ™‚πŸ‘

1 minute ago, Stef N. said:

Another one following along Andy. All the best.πŸ‘

Cheers Stef and welcome glad to have you along πŸ‘.Β 

5 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Remember...in these days it was also fashionable for men to wear pink jacketsΒ πŸ™ˆΒ and curlied hairΒ πŸ˜‚

Marco FΒ 

Curlied hair ...your spelling makes this a classic 🀣🀣🀣 oh dear my sides ache...I need to lie down after that comment...an absolute gem Marco πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Glad you enjoyed itΒ πŸ€—Β but I don't know the right word for that kindΒ  of chemical treatment...but I know it was a crime...fashionwiseΒ πŸ™ˆ

Marco FΒ 

The chemical treatment was known as a " perm" Marco and the word " curly " means the same as curlied but I prefer your version its so much funnier πŸ˜† 🀣 

• Thanks 1

I’m jealous… been in the new house about six weeks now, and itching to get back to the bench… except I too have to set up the new workspace, and there are still a good few jobs around the house to do first! The Blu Lagos is a super rare special edition, with 205 built, five going to Japan and the rest sold in Italy. The interior is actually a pale creamy beige leather, not yellow, though the fine stripe down the side IS genuinely yellow. The metallic blue and cream combo is classic Ferrari, so it’s maybe not as tasteless as it might seem at first glance at the instructions. The wheels look accurate for that edition, too.Β 
best,

M.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I’m jealous… been in the new house about six weeks now, and itching to get back to the bench… except I too have to set up the new workspace, and there are still a good few jobs around the house to do first! The Blu Lagos is a super rare special edition, with 205 built, five going to Japan and the rest sold in Italy. The interior is actually a pale creamy beige leather, not yellow, though the fine stripe down the side IS genuinely yellow. The metallic blue and cream combo is classic Ferrari, so it’s maybe not as tasteless as it might seem at first glance at the instructions. The wheels look accurate for that edition, too.Β 
best,

M.

Hiya Matt glad you are well mate, I'm sure your time will come regarding the new workspace πŸ˜‰πŸ‘. As for this build well......I think you may have a point πŸ€”. I was going to use this build as a sort of test mule for my TS Paints experiment but I now think that maybe I need to go all out with the painting and build the best possible replica i can....After all this was a very exclusive car back in the day πŸ™‚

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Good to have you back Andy, and don't you be getting paint all over your new bench now!

Hiya Jeroen it's good to be back πŸ™‚πŸ‘. I was decanting Tamiya paint yesterday but definitely not in the cave....no way.....the thought of a stained worktop gives me the jitters πŸ˜¬πŸ‘

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

Wonder how long that'll last.....?! :)

Β 

K

Unfortunately Keith the Delta build may not last long πŸ˜•. I've been prepping the shell today and to say it's rough is an understatement. The shell is also twisted and the one A pillar is dodgy. The roof spoiler doesn't fit although with major fettling i might be able to make it work and the clear parts are scratched quite badly. Now I don't mind a challenge but I'm wondering whether it's worth the hassle πŸ€” I think I'll sleep on it and see how i feel about it tomorrow πŸ™„πŸ‘

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

Hmmm, that's a shame - sounds like my Calibra.... :(

Β 

K

Well Keith there's been a positive development regarding the Delta. It's now residing in the recycling bin where it belongs πŸ™„. Ok i lied.....Mrs J asked why I was so miserable so I explained that my kit is twisted and doesn't fit together properly....her response.....stop whinging, grow up and get on with it πŸ˜‚. So who am I to argue πŸ™‚. At this moment the Delta is ready for primer as I've fettled it the best I can and it's time to start painting πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Well Keith there's been a positive development regarding the Delta. It's now residing in the recycling bin where it belongs πŸ™„. Ok i lied.....Mrs J asked why I was so miserable so I explained that my kit is twisted and doesn't fit together properly....her response.....stop whinging, grow up and get on with it πŸ˜‚. So who am I to argue πŸ™‚. At this moment the Delta is ready for primer as I've fettled it the best I can and it's time to start painting πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Sounds like Mrs J knows what's best for you AndyΒ πŸ˜†

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Sounds like Mrs J knows what's best for you AndyΒ πŸ˜†

Yep after 38 years I tend to agree πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

• Haha 4