BLACKBURN FIREBRAND TF 5 -1/48

First of all respect for tackling a Magna kit in the first place, then to do it in 1/48 ! :worthy:

You have recreated the brutish look of the original to perfection,  congratulations 

:partytime:

Finally thank you for not posting the WIP, so that no vulnerable adults or children were traumatised as a consequence  :wink:

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

- Thanks to JOCKNEY, I finally think that it could be a good idea to show a small ,part of the W.I.P of the work around the cockpit...

With the help of  TOMY my personnal adviser..

Lp69NE.jpg

- Most resin kit have very narrow cockpit sill owing to the tickness of the resin; so that is the solution I've adopted.

First draw the part to be removed, cut up and thin the edge which will receive the new sides

1pfJRo.jpg

wAfMTr.jpg

- Using conviniently cut a part of beer can or else skin, open the openning and wrap it around once your cockpit is furnished

w4dxQI.jpg

2db5g9.jpg

LhBR6C.jpg

0gMAMf.jpg

- Mitsubishi Zero cockpit parts have been used, knowing that the Firebrand cockpit has nothing to see with it , but it make the day..

2RjYsY.jpg

- It is a small part of the work involved to correct the wrong parts all over the kit.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"You see Joey, when a Martin AM Mauler and a Hawker Sea Fury love each other very, very much..."

Seriously though, its an impressive build. Nothing looks quite like a Firebrand. Looking forward to the forthcoming Clear Prop! release.

Do you think they made the rudder big enough??

-d-

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Brilliant idea getting the cat to bite the resin pieces clear of the carriers, did it take you long to train them how to do this ? 😻

Cheers Pat 

- I probably rectify the height of the fin as it didn't match the one of the rudder at its top,so doing I added a bit ta the base of the rudder but I had no cue to say if its size was  big enough or not. At first glance, compared with the photos I have it looks good for me.

pkaYmm.jpg

lAWwYL.jpg

- The strange putty at the base is a mixture of resin dust and cyano . Note the rectified tail cone.....

43WMOR.jpg

16 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Ew what a horrible kit of a ferociously ugly aircraft. You did wonders with it. I'd never have guessed from your pictures that it was such a difficult build.

- Thank you Bertie, almost every parts of the kit had to b revisited. To begin with the engine cowling, its cooling fan and its distinctive slopppy chin and exhaust plate 'a la' Fw 190 A, the two leading edge prominent intakes and guns fairings, under wing wheels wells and small other details and the torpedo too had it share of work toadapt it under the belly