RAF Valley day out

Red Dot

hi all,

Here are a few photos from a recent day out i had at RAF Valley. We were blessed with decent weather and lots of flying on the cross runways.

Hope you like them.

Andy

Hawk-RAF-12.jpg

Hawk-RAF-23.jpg

Hawk-RAF-27.jpg

Hawk-RAF-32.jpg

Hawk-RAF-37.jpg

Texan-RAF-12.jpg

Texan-RAF-8.jpg

Typhoon-RAF-4.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Lovely images from what looks a busy and varied day. Valley is such a photogenic base, I really must visit one day. I do like the Hawks in the 25 Sqn markings and just wish that the Texans would get the 72 Sqn fuselage bars.

Mark

Lovely shots, although that Typhoon two seater is far too heavily weathered, rather unrealistic, no crew chief.... 😉

While being buzzed by the Valley flights while climbing in Wales, I've often wondered why the RAF trainers are in the inverse of the classic high-vis trainer colours...?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, canberraman said:

Lovely images from what looks a busy and varied day. Valley is such a photogenic base, I really must visit one day. I do like the Hawks in the 25 Sqn markings and just wish that the Texans would get the 72 Sqn fuselage bars.

Mark

It is one of the most scenic bases I have ever been to, and being busy too also helped.

Andy

3 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Lovely shots, although that Typhoon two seater is far too heavily weathered, rather unrealistic, no crew chief.... 😉

While being buzzed by the Valley flights while climbing in Wales, I've often wondered why the RAF trainers are in the inverse of the classic high-vis trainer colours...?

They are black because black provides the greatest contrast, and therefore the greatest visibility

Andy