Fujimi Porsche Cayman S

One I built quite a few years back in December 2015, before I was posting here. I thought I'd post a few throwbacks.  It's painted in Porsche Peridot Green - a correct colour for the actual car (for once!!) - from a rattle can from when Halfords used to offer any colour from their paint mixing system. I was less adept at clearcoat and the polishing of it, back then - and a few other things too. But otherwise it turned out tidy. The ride height is too high but I wasn't into correcting things like that back then.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by galaxyg
  • Like 13

Have to say that's a new Porsche green to me, nice colour choice and a great looking Cayman!

Do Halfords not do their colour mixing service any more? I'd always meant to get some Porsche colours mixed up when they used to do the paint in ordinary cans, but when they went to rattle cans only never got round to it as I found them a bit expensive.

Funnily enough I primed a Fujimi Cayman a good few years ago but then mislaid the body (together with an Italeri Countach!) but found the box they were in last week! So that's two more ''w.i.p's" I need to finish....!! 

Anyhow, that's a lovely little Porker! 👍

Keith

• Like 1

Looks very good to me. I'd also be tempted to disagree with you about the ride height, that looks fine to my eyes. I always feel  we tend to expect a lower ride height than is perhaps normal on kits - yes there are a few kits out there which ride a bit high but for the most part they look about right to me for a manufacturer's stock suspension.

• Like 1

Another vote for the ride height looking correct to me.  That's an unusual colour and I quite like it for that, and the finish is pretty good despite what you say ;)

I'm in the minority (I suspect) that I wasn't terribly keen on the Cayman I drove, which is strange as I loved the equivalent Boxster.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I'm in the minority (I suspect) that I wasn't terribly keen on the Cayman I drove, which is strange as I loved the equivalent Boxster.

A friend of mine once had a Boxster and loved it, He replaced it with a newer Cayman, but dumped it after a year or so, stating that it was too much of a Plod magnet. He drove it too quick because he found speed perception in it difficult. He chopped it in against another Boxster, because he felt that being "in the air", meant that you knew you were going too fast...

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 1:19 PM, keefr22 said:

Have to say that's a new Porsche green to me, nice colour choice and a great looking Cayman!

Do Halfords not do their colour mixing service any more?

Thanks. Sadly they don't do it, stopped a few years ago. I guess it wasn't cost effective.

A large part of one set of press photos of the Cayman were the Peridot green colour.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant model, Man! :clap2::clap2:

I'm not a Porsche expert, so I didn't know a colour like that existed in their catalogue.

It looks surprisingly good - although colour choice for a new Porsche is a dilemma I'm never going to have! 😐

• Like 1