"A METALLIC BEAST", PANTHER AUSF D, ZVEZDA 1/35

On 30/10/2021 at 16:59, Ernst said:

Hi Francis,

Excellent model. Once again your trademark weathering skills turn an affordable kit into a gem. Yes the camo scheme looks a bit late war but then again, I've seen pictures of a panzer IV-G with disc camo. It's probably on one of my hard drives, well needle and haystack situation in order to retrieve those. Finally some time to check whatΞ…s happening on BM, hopefully some time for modelling in the future.

CheersπŸ‘,

Ernst.

Β 

Hi Ernst,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Β 

As you say, in real life, there are many situations and intervals in time, which can result in something unusual or unexpected ... why not something like that? ... lol
Anyway, afterwards I found a camo scheme of a Dragon kit (looking for something else ... lol, as you say "a needle in a haystack"), which agrees very well with my model (I inserted a little explanation at the beginning of topic).

It happens to me more or less the same, I see what is new in the RTI, and I wait for the "mojo", I do not model anything for now, waiting to have the courage to get a kit without spoiling it ... just photos for which I post.

I have another model that I think you have not seen, the one before this one, an IS-2 Stalin by Trumpeter, maybe you like it too.

I hope you find time to enjoy the hobby soon and see something of yours posted on the forum again.

All the best, and cheers.
TC
πŸ‘

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

Hi Francis,

Good to hear from you again, when I have time I shall see into your previous work. I'm curious. I'm so busy right now but it's good. A Spanish colleague of mine, a former chefΒ Β  in a Spanish restaurant that I actually frequented 15 years ago turns out to be a modeller as well, armour in 1:72. Very proficient with excellent (hand) paining skills, I'll invite him to the forum as well. This hobby will always haunt me, it will never leave me alone.

I wanted to diverge into maritime modelling earlier this year but in fact I'm building ships in 1:1 scale for work and I'm sailing them too, this is so much fun. Crazy world.

Β 

Yes, I really like those models that make you think "what's the story behind this", it makes a model individual and interesting. So many approaches, respect to all of them. I hope you're doing fine and happy to see your next andΒ  previous work,

CheersπŸ‘,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

On 02/11/2021 at 16:03, Whitewolf said:

That's a really nice model!! Towards the end of 1944 through to 45 who knows what colours Panthers really appeared in? Yours look really convincing!! Superb job!!

Β 

Hi Whitewolf,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

Yep, you're right,Β With a war that is being lost, who can say that "uniformity" remains 100% ...?
Anyway, at the beginning of the topic, I include a plausible field for the model in question.
Cheers and TC
Francis.πŸ‘

On 02/11/2021 at 17:14, Lazy Modeller said:

Very nice job you done there. Only thing I don't like if I seen well its the white antenna.

Β 

Cheers

LM

Β 

Hi LM,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

It may seem that the antenna is white, but it is painted in Dunkelgeb, yes, with a very light tone, and maybe the lighting of the photos makes it look white ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.πŸ‘

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 21:24, Longbow said:

Good looking Panther Francis !!

Β 

I read your addendum, and the comments.Β 
It’s not about the finish, but about the enjoyment you get in the journey ;)

Β 

Lee.Β 

Β 

Hi Lee,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

You are as accurate as your "nickname" Longbow ... lol !, you are very right, the journey that leads us to finish the model is full of good moments (others not so much ... lol), if not, we would buy models already finished in their display box ...:hmmm:
Cheers and TC
Francis.πŸ‘

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 16/11/2021 at 10:07, Reforgermodeller said:

wow, that is awesome !!! fantastic job on your Panther, looks like a real heavy vehicle

cheers

Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.Β I may have achieved that effect with the focus of some photos ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

• 3 months later...
On 17/11/2021 at 23:05, Ernst said:

Hi Francis,

Good to hear from you again, when I have time I shall see into your previous work. I'm curious. I'm so busy right now but it's good. A Spanish colleague of mine, a former chefΒ Β  in a Spanish restaurant that I actually frequented 15 years ago turns out to be a modeller as well, armour in 1:72. Very proficient with excellent (hand) paining skills, I'll invite him to the forum as well. This hobby will always haunt me, it will never leave me alone.

I wanted to diverge into maritime modelling earlier this year but in fact I'm building ships in 1:1 scale for work and I'm sailing them too, this is so much fun. Crazy world.

Β 

Yes, I really like those models that make you think "what's the story behind this", it makes a model individual and interesting. So many approaches, respect to all of them. I hope you're doing fine and happy to see your next andΒ  previous work,

CheersπŸ‘,

Ernst.

Β 

Hi Ernst,

First of all, thank you for your interest and kind comments, and second, although not the least important, I apologize for not having responded earlier, I just realized, because another member has seen the post, and when I replied, I saw that although I have reacted I haven't quoted your post...sorry, I don't know what happened...
The ships are also beautiful, I myself made a few a long time ago (I remember the last one was the motorized MUSASHI, I think Nichimo), really big and detailed for its time, it was quite decent, but in the end, with the eyes of another time, more critical, ended up destroyed (like the original)...
If you come back to make more models, happy to see them and comment as always.
All the best and TC
Francis.πŸ‘

On 29/11/2021 at 13:32, Redcoat2966 said:

Nice one Francis, certainly seen some action.....

Β 

Regards

Β 

Simon.

Β 

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

My apologies for not responding earlier, although I see that your comment is reacted, it is not quoted properly..
I have realized when another member saw the topic, that he had comments if he attended...sorry.
Cheers and TC
Francis.πŸ‘

• 11 months later...

Another outstanding job Francis. πŸ‘Β 

Β 

Your work has set the bar for the Panther I have lined up after the Sherman ....Β 

Β 

Keith 😁 

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2023 at 19:05, bissyboat said:

Looks like the real deal. Well done. βš“πŸ™Œ

Β 

Hi bissyboat,

Many thanks for your like and most kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.πŸ‘

On 11/03/2023 at 00:35, Keeff said:

Another outstanding job Francis. πŸ‘Β 

Β 

Your work has set the bar for the Panther I have lined up after the Sherman ....Β 

Β 

Keith 😁 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.

Really, it didn't go as planned, or I would have liked, at some point, I could try to repaint it, but with so many kits in the stash waiting for an opportunity, it's hard to get back on it... I don't know if you've seen my other Panther (ITALERI, winter camo), which was the first model I made when I returned to the hobby, and which I retouched later. It was also something fortuitous, and it was not planned at the beginning, but, I like it even more than this one, which is later. If you haven't seen it, and from what you say, you like the Panthers, I encourage you to take a look 🧐and give me your opinion.πŸ€”

Cheers and TC

Francis.πŸ‘

• Like 1