1/32 Beaufighter by Infinity Models

Largescale32

At last , it looks like someone has been reading / taking notice . Maybe have it for Christmas , but not this year .

Don .

At least the ancient Revell moulding can be put out to pasture, now. I'm very surprised it's taken this long to get a second, I.M. 1/32 Beau on to the market. Very good news. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

On 10/10/2021 at 14:45, SAT69 said:

Knowing nothing about Infinity Models, will this be a plastic or resin kit?

Infinity Models is the brand for the guys at HpH who do those delightful expensive resin models. They announced a while back that they were going into injected plastic kits and have already produced a 1/32 Helldiver. A 1/32 Aichi Val is also projected and a DH Vampire as well among others. So far their products are very good quality 

Have a look here

https://www.infinitymodels.cz/en/coming-soon/

I wonder if the old Revell Beau will entirely go out to pasture?  I’ve not heard it has shape issues unless I missed that. If so it can still be a canvas for early marks.  Also a donor kit to “improve” the 1/32 Sanger Beaufort

5 hours ago, JohnT said:

I wonder if the old Revell Beau will entirely go out to pasture?  I’ve not heard it has shape issues unless I missed that. If so it can still be a canvas for early marks.  Also a donor kit to “improve” the 1/32 Sanger Beaufort

Revell will likely continue to re-release their Beaufighter kit as long as the molds last because:

a/ the Infinity kit doesn’t make money for Revell

b/ the Revell Beaufighter plays to an entirely different market that won’t consider buying a kit for the likely asking price of this new Infinity tooling

and

c/ the Infinity kit doesn’t make money for Revell.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Revell will likely continue to re-release their Beaufighter kit as long as the molds last because:

a/ the Infinity kit doesn’t make money for Revell

b/ the Revell Beaufighter plays to an entirely different market that won’t consider buying a kit for the likely asking price of this new Infinity tooling

and

c/ the Infinity kit doesn’t make money for Revell.

Quite right

On rereading my post what I was thinking (but not quite communicating!) was will modellers desert the older moulding or will it still have its uses as a cheaper starting point for whatever as it were? 
Am a bit conscious that this has the danger of thread drift away from the Infinity kit so really just a rhetorical question there

Hi

Might be worth them releasing a merlin MkIIf first

then hercules engined ones later 

It would most likely make more money for them

and force me to buy one 

and maybe others to buy as well ? 

cheers

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Largescale32 said:

This is in a very early stage, I think release will be in 2023/24.

I have the new Wingleader book (part 1) and the kit will be a beast. It was a huge airplane. I remember the first time I learned about it through the old Buck Danny comics

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...