Kittyhawk III Question

Grizly

I have initiated a project to model four of the aircraft flown by Stocky Edwards. So far, I have built a model of his Spit XVIe and Fw-190F-8 (see below) and am looking towards his P-40 as the next project. The P-40 in question was 260 Squadron's HS*B FR350. My problem is that photos of 260 Squadron aircraft and at least one artist's impression of HS*B show it to be a short tailed P-40K whereas the book "British Military Aircraft Serials 1912 - 1969" show FR350 to be a long tailed P-40M. Would anybody care to point me in the right direction???spacer.png

• Like 2

Grizly

As stated above it was a short tailed K model. Arrived at 260SQN straight from 107MU (basically it was new) I believe in Dec 1942 and stayed until Feb 1943 when it suffered an accident when the engine failed (so I suggest wear wouldn't be insane when it comes to the model finish)

Also used at 2SAAF, 112 and 5SAAF post 260SQN

Buz

The Vintage Wings P-40 has now been recently  sold  to Tim Savage and is now in Indiana USA. Not sure how long it will remain in Stocky's colours, but I'm sure it will retain his signature on the inside of the radio access door.

• Thanks 1