Zvezda 1/72 Lockheed Hercules C-130K

Nice one. You've  definitely captured the desert camo 'Imperial' RAF scheme.

Zvezda seem to  have  made the definitive C130.

Speaking of Marshall Aerospace, my brother is an aircraft Engineer who was a Contractor there in his early career. He fondly remembers working on Hercs among other  interesting aircraft. 

He really enjoyed living in Cambridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Me too

The problem is there is a new voice in my head asking me if i really want to build it or putting it in the stash like all the other kits...:mental::boom:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BerndM said:

The problem is there is a new voice in my head asking me if i really want to build it or putting it in the stash like all the other kits...:mental::boom:

I my would be company for my P-2 with an OP-2E conversion that has been comfortable in my stash for a while! ;). My other problem would be that I want to build an A model so I would also have aftermarket stashed away too! 

Martin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That gets 11 out of 10 from me! Apart from looking really good, it is loaded with nostalgia from building the old Airfix kit when it first came out.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

Very impressive work with great modelling skill. Well done...

16 hours ago, BerndM said:

I am really tempted to get me the Zvezda C-130.

14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Me too

I have already ordered this kit from Lettland and the parcel should arrive here Germany this week.

Serkan.

• Thanks 1

Excellent model Gazza, superbly finished.  As you say the kit is probably the definitive one.  I too have connections to Marshalls flying with the AEF, the Flying School and The Tiger Moth Group- and remember the Hercules arriving at Cambridge.  Sad to hear that Marshalls might be moving.

Colin

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Viking said:

That gets 11 out of 10 from me! Apart from looking really good, it is loaded with nostalgia from building the old Airfix kit when it first came out.

Cheers

John

Thanks John.

Yes lots of nostalgia. I can remember looking through the window of my local newsagent window on my way to junior school and seeing the new Airfix kit in this camo, along with the bloodhound missile.

Way too expensive for a 9 year old kid, it was probably about £5 in 1977! 

34 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Excellent model Gazza, superbly finished.  As you say the kit is probably the definitive one.  I too have connections to Marshalls flying with the AEF, the Flying School and The Tiger Moth Group- and remember the Hercules arriving at Cambridge.  Sad to hear that Marshalls might be moving.

Colin

Many thanks Colin.

Hopefully Marshalls can stay there for a good many years too come. The airfield is slowly becoming surrounded by housing and the developers, I'm sure, would love to get their hands on the airfield itself.

I flew a couple of times with 5 AEF, never got a trip in the Chipmunk though, both times in the Beagle Husky. 

• Like 1