Heller Ferguson tractor

Bbdave

I thought I would have a break from military stuff so I got myself one of these

2021-10-09_10-33-39

I'm unsure yet how weathered it'll be but it won't be showroom condition probably near to one we had at school and used to drive round the school field.

I made a start on the engine gearbox etc.

2021-10-09_04-59-41

Dave

• Like 8

I believe, that this is a nice kit. I had one but gave it to a friend who is into tractors but couldn't afford the kit.

Be careful when you get to the front where the bonnet hinges.

I'll follow your build with interest.

Colin

This is a really nice kit, one of Heller's better ones. The bonnet hinges indeed, be careful with those. I trimmed them so they wouldn't break the bonnet when attachting it. The front axle is a little weird too, the actual thing doesn't quite match the instructions as far as I remember. 

On 13/10/2021 at 06:27, JeroenS said:

This is a really nice kit, one of Heller's better ones. The bonnet hinges indeed, be careful with those. I trimmed them so they wouldn't break the bonnet when attachting it. The front axle is a little weird too, the actual thing doesn't quite match the instructions as far as I remember. 

There are several areas that don't match the instructions , yes I know about the bonnet but not sure I'll have it opening as the internal detail is non existent.

I have got a little more done things do appear to fit well, I have left the sides of the bonnet unglued so they can still flex.

2021-10-10_10-01-38

Dave

Edited by Bbdave
  • Like 3

A few more bits on I'm almost ready to crack open the paint I have posed the wheels steering left just to add interest I have had the bonnet on just to check alignment and it looks good so far.

2021-10-15_05-33-23

2021-10-18_10-30-47

Dave

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

This look wonderful,  I would love to have a go at one of these myself, got my son one of the Revell Porsche Junior tractors as he really was into tractors, but he has never built it, was hoping he would then we could get this model.

You have done a wonderful job on this and your weathering looks fabulous. 

Great work 

Chris

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...