Takom full interior King Tiger cut away

metadyne

7 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Your cuts are laser straight. Very professional looking. 

thanks Bertie, just call me Goldfinger, "No Mr Bond I expect you to die"

looking at the forward area of the turret with a view to test fit the gun trunnion, a neat trick with one side frame gone.

spacer.png

• Like 5

16 hours ago, colin said:

This is going to look stunning when done

Thanks Colin, it's coming along. Here is the tressle made from plasticard to support the cut side of the hull the same height as the uncut side.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Of course a model like this could never survive unprotected, the household dust alone would write it off in months. And lets face it, people can't keep their fingers to themselves. So glass is our best defence. I order mine in 3mm from my local glass cutter.

spacer.png

using the assembled case to mark out the cardboard underbase. Glass, adds class, but the green base looks a little bare, it needs some historical context.

spacer.png 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

using pictures cut from old publications and pictures in the public domain, I'll decorate the base with King Tiger themed images.

spacer.png

with the glass trial fitted on the model. Note I did the red edging to the cuts after this trial fit.

spacer.png

Edited by metadyne
typo
  • Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, simmerit said:

Just a quick one.  What did you think of that kit, and did you consider any other King Tigers models, and what made you go for the Takom Tiger?

well, call me shallow, it was the box art that first grabbed me, plus of course their reputation, made me confident of parting with the dosh.