Morning Troops

Radio Ga-ga

Morning all, apparently I've been a site member since 2017 but not got around to posting anything! If admin could allow me to change my user name I would be most grateful.

Anyway, a little about me; I am currently a Moderator and Kit/Book reviewer on Army Rumour Services modelling forum but getting fed up with the way the site is going. I've been modelling for many years, originally 1/35 scale Military Trucks, but also Napoleonic and Zulu war figures. I've also done a few WW2 figures in 120mm. I enjoy building dioramas from actual events in history and am currently engaged upon the Eastern Front 1941-45 group build with ARRSE.

I live in Leyland in Lancashire, but was born and brought up in Sevenoaks, Kent. I served for 24 years in the Army, mainly as a scaleyback. (Royal Corps of Signals).

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Another one ! ☢️ 

Forum will be full of ex scalies soon , Certa Citrus fella ( Swift to Jiff ) 

12 years in the Corps myself - 1989-2001 

Hi Dads, I know you're definitely an Arrse member and have long admired your work. You will know me as Smeggers.

21 minutes ago, Radio Ga-ga said:

Hi Dads, I know you're definitely an Arrse member and have long admired your work. You will know me as Smeggers.

Cheers bud, that’s one of nicest things that anyone had said to me in a long while. Deffo an Arrse member! 

I thought it was you but wasn’t 100% :thumbsup: welcome aboard ! 

• Haha 1

And a big Scaley welcome from me too. I was just a short time member from early 64 until late 69. I purchased my discharge after being recommended for promotion three times, only to have the same OC turn it down each time. He reckoned that I'd never get promotion whilst I had a void in a certain part of my anatomy. Still, I did get to see he world at HM's expense. I mostly build Brit/Commonwealth WW2 or IDF. Look forward to seeing some of your builds.

As you build trucks, have you ever built Accurate Armour's Bedford RL?

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

And a big Scaley welcome from me too. I was just a short time member from early 64 until late 69. I purchased my discharge after being recommended for promotion three times, only to have the same OC turn it down each time. He reckoned that I'd never get promotion whilst I had a void in a certain part of my anatomy. Still, I did get to see he world at HM's expense. I mostly build Brit/Commonwealth WW2 or IDF. Look forward to seeing some of your builds.

As you build trucks, have you ever built Accurate Armour's Bedford RL?

John.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Radio/Smeggers …:post1: from the other side of the pond in Chicago, let me salute your service also. Im mostly aviation but do dabble in armor, sci-fi, and very slowly getting my feet wet in ships. 

Dennis

Hi John and Dennis, nice to hear from you. I'll see if I can upload some pictures in the near future.

John, I've got it in my stash but haven't attempted it yet. When I get back on to trucks, I've got a part built REME fitter's (Resicast) truck to complete and then a Dennis for a commission. There's also the matter of a couple of Montgomery's caravans to complete, but after that I'm free😜

• Like 2