Stealth Viking...Royal Danish AF F-35A+++finished+++

Quick update! Really busy with work, but finally managed to get half an hour on the important things in life. Masked off the canopy and undernose EOTS, and gave that a coat of Tamiya NATO black. Then on to the fun stuff...the Have Glass paint! By far the best paint for this IMHO is Hataka's Blue Line Have Glass,  which has just the right metallic sheen on a dark gray with a brownish hue. Dead easy to spray and a great look. I am going to let that dry hard before I mask off the nose, canopy rim , intakes parts of the fin and other bits for the non metallic grey used on these areas. Lots of kits would recommend light ghost grey, which is way too light; it needs to be a dark grey. I've found Tamiya XF77 works pretty well for this. Luckily, this is a new airframe which doesn't have the complicated grey tape all over various panel lines...life's far too short for that!

20211128_211716 20211130_193823

• Like 5

Having finished the masking, a quick spray of Tamiya xf77....

20211204_154542

...and then a very satisfying 5 mins peeling off tape for the reveal. Am pleased with how this has come out- now for a quick shot of Windsor and Newton gloss varnish, and hopefully decalling tomorrow. Oh, and added the pylons.

20211204_161845

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 7

@Ralph That looks like a perfect base for some decals - good job on the painting & masking.

F-35 looks to be the choice of fighter for Finland too (it's what Finnish Defence Forces wants, to be decided by the politicians within a week or so) - so not too late to use Finnish roundels instead :D

Just kidding, I think that the usually all-grey plane will look great with some Danish colour too. I just hope that Finland retains it's blue & white roundels and don't go all grey.

• Ralph changed the title to Stealth Viking...Royal Danish AF F-35A+++finished+++

well done Ralph, she looks great, it's interesting that they stayed with the coloured insignias rather than going like everyone either with the boring grey ones.

A great build I hope you enjoyed it, was great to have you along.

Merry Christmas and best for the New Year.