Games Workshop Rockgut Troggoths

RobL

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I like those. I like the way you made the rocks glow with the blue fire. Couldn't help noticing the odd mould line down the back of the leg though, it really stands out against your nice smooth blends on the flesh. Do you wet-blend?

Thanks.  Yeah, there's mould lines all over the place.  For some reason I tend to not see them during assembly, and then gradually as painting progresses, or when I've taken photos, they become visible to me.  Always too late to do anything about them without ruining the paint.  You can't see it in the photos (or at least I can't), but one of them still has a small piece of sprue attached on his arm, and there's also nubs all over the place on all 3 where I've not cut flush enough/sanded them off.

I don't really wet blend, not by making any conscious effort to do so at least.  I used glazes on these.  I might have kind of feathered the edges a bit in places where I applied a small amount of glaze for the highlights, but to be honest I was making stuff up as I went along.

Edited by RobL