Possible Monogram paint chip book source?

JackG

Every now and then when discussing paints for American built aircraft for British use, there is mention of paint chips found in the Monogram publication.   Would anyone know if this is the book, or maybe it's an updated version containing those same WW2 chips?

https://daviddoylebooks.com/piston-engine-aircraft/official-united-states-aircraft-colors-1908-1993

Monogram.jpeg?format=750w

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I don't know this one. but am fairly sure that most references are to the individual books on USAAC/USAAF and USN aircraft camouflage and markings.

The Aviation Bookshop are showing some of those titles in their second hand catalog. 

https://www.aviation-bookshop.com/

Which you can download. 

No's 659,719-722.

6 hours ago, JackG said:

maybe it's an updated version containing those same WW2 chips?

Yes to that, it was the paint charts from the Monogram books gathered into one volume. I had it but haven't seen it for a couple of years, I'm much affeared it went into the recycle bin, someone I know is less than particular about what gets picked up & put out when they're in a cleaning frenzy. :( I've since picked up the pre-Ww2 & Ww2 books would like the post war refs though.

Steve.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

56 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Yes to that, it was the paint charts from the Monogram books gathered into one volume. I had it but haven't seen it for a couple of years, I'm much affeared it went into the recycle bin, someone I know is less than particular about what gets picked up & put out when they're in a cleaning frenzy. :( I've since picked up the pre-Ww2 & Ww2 books would like the post war refs though.

Steve.

That could conceivably be grounds for foul play...😉

4 minutes ago, Rolls-Royce said:

That could conceivably be grounds for foul play...😉

Wouldn't go quite that far but I do go through everything before it goes out now, I've found other stuff in amongst the toss outs too. I'm still hoping that a heaps of mags, cuttings & items of interest waiting on my retirement to be dealt to might yet reveal this set of charts. :unsure: 

Steve.

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Wouldn't go quite that far but I do go through everything before it goes out now, I've found other stuff in amongst the toss outs too. I'm still hoping that a heaps of mags, cuttings & items of interest waiting on my retirement to be dealt to might yet reveal this set of charts. :unsure: 

Steve.

I was just joking about "foul play". But I did order a copy of the book from the link @JackG provided...

Edited by Rolls-Royce
  • Like 1