Amusing Hobby 1/35 Centurion Shot Kal

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh, come on!! I don't mind a bit of B&E, but I'm beggared if I'm going to start climbing ladders at my age!

John.

Its ok John as i can still manage ladders 😉

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

That's better...:thumbsup:

spacer.png

Just being a good friend ...so don't bite my head off ...but in the interest of helping you with more space in that overcrowded work area i will happily take that Tamiya sturmtiger of your hands...... no need to thank me mate i would do the same for any of my friends on this wonderful site...let me know how much it will cost to post and i will send the cash.....love ya bud :D

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Just being a good friend ...so don't bite my head off ...but in the interest of helping you with more space in that overcrowded work area i will happily take that Tamiya sturmtiger of your hands...... no need to thank me mate i would do the same for any of my friends on this wonderful site...let me know how much it will cost to post and i will send the cash.....love ya bud :D

You're far to kind bud, what a real friend, I imagined I'd have to pay to have it taken away....:rofl:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Mmm you know that 432 you just bought?? 

You guys on BM,  I'm blown away by the generosity....perhaps I should pop a £20 note in the box too as one end is rather sun bleached from sitting in the shop window...:giggle:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

perhaps I should pop a £20 note in the box too as one end is rather sun bleached from sitting in the shop window...:giggle:

Maybe forty? Okay, okay, thirty is enough... But forty would be better... :smirk:

Vytautas

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, vytautas said:

Maybe forty? Okay, okay, thirty is enough... But forty would be better... :smirk:

Vytautas

Well, that's the last time Vytautas gets a Christmas card! :o

• Haha 1

Continuing with the turret...

Sanded sections of the cast texture away whilst gap filling so prior to taking advice on Mr Surfacer I went old school with humbrol filler. Not particularly worried as it'll be hidden behind the stowage basket.

Mantlet cover filled and moulded on edging removed. Milliput green used, no idea if this stuff goes off but it's been on the shelf for a good 10yrs yet still appears to work fine.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Made a start on the groundwork for it this aft. Not sure if I've quite captured the hot dry arid desert....

spacer.png

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Pushing on with this. 

For a change I've done what a lot of armour builders do and pretty much assemble and mount everything, tools, brackets, etc prior to painting. 

Basic construction done, unfortunately the small details I feel rather let the kit down. The pe mesh for the turret basket doesn't fit particularly well, likewise the .30 cal ammo boxes and the detail on the commanders visor is weak, amongst other things. 

Unfortunately the instructions arn't overly clear either on ancillary part placement. 

All that said the major parts fits well and any flaws can be overcome. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wheels and bazooka shields will be fitted once painted. 

Really must get some paint flowing asap, I've a T34 and now this to paint and a Tiger to finish....not forgetting a bunch of figures! :blink2:

• Like 14

Hi Darryl. It's a shame some of the smaller stuff is letting the kit down but your modelling skills certainly aren't!! It really does look superb! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hamden said:

This has come together very nicely Darryl, looking forward to seeing it in paint now!

Stay safe      Roger

Thanks Roger,  looking forward to a little paint action myself!

14 hours ago, simmerit said:

You are flying along.

Happy New Year by the way.

cheers

Si 

Thanks Si, occasionally, if I get chance, progress is possible! (Very occasionally)

And a Happy New Year too! 

14 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Darryl. I've book marked this for when I build mine.

John.

Thanks John, love to see you "do your stuff" with yours.

8 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Darryl. It's a shame some of the smaller stuff is letting the kit down but your modelling skills certainly aren't!! It really does look superb! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, very kind!

The small bits are all "do-able" particularly with the relevant references. @simmerithas shown what can be done with the AH Cent, super impressive!

Thanks again everyone 

Darryl 

• Like 2

On 16/01/2022 at 22:23, Jasper dog said:

Pushing on with this. 

For a change I've done what a lot of armour builders do and pretty much assemble and mount everything, tools, brackets, etc prior to painting. 

Basic construction done, unfortunately the small details I feel rather let the kit down. The pe mesh for the turret basket doesn't fit particularly well, likewise the .30 cal ammo boxes and the detail on the commanders visor is weak, amongst other things. 

Unfortunately the instructions arn't overly clear either on ancillary part placement. 

All that said the major parts fits well and any flaws can be overcome. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wheels and bazooka shields will be fitted once painted. 

Really must get some paint flowing asap, I've a T34 and now this to paint and a Tiger to finish....not forgetting a bunch of figures! :blink2:

Good morning Darryl

The kit from AH seems to be of good quality.
Your build looks perfect so far-clean work!

MD

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, edjbartos said:

It’s coming along great Darryl, looking really good..

Ed

13 hours ago, Hewy said:

The mantlet cover looks good fettled in, fine job👍

13 hours ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Good morning Darryl

The kit from AH seems to be of good quality.
Your build looks perfect so far-clean work!

MD

12 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Looks like your making good progress Darryl,

Despite the extra work those manlet covers look great.

Wayne.

13 hours ago, Stef N. said:

This. Looks great Darryl, top work and I'm looking forward to the paint shop stage. 👍

4 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Good job man!

Working on the same kit atm.

You might want to rethink the 'hot arid desert' part.

Most of the pics show cold and miserable tankers and quite some mud on the tanks.

Thanks chaps, really appreciate the encouragement!

To be honest the mantlet cover wasn't too bad of a job, sure if doing a second one I could improve on it but for what it is it'll do!

With any luck 🤞🤞🤞🤞 might try lobbing some paint at it this weekend...

Not a hot arid desert!

So my viaduct with snow dusted hills might be ok after all! :idea:

Thanks again

Darryl 

• Like 1