Battle for France Diorama

using MB German infantry (early war) advancing passed a broken down French light tank.

spacer.png

spacer.png

using the tank as hard cover as they move onward toward the retreating French Forces.

spacer.png

I was trying to use the terrain to describe the final moments of the tank before the crew abandoned it.

spacer.png

the tank has left the road and entered a soft area of ground where the steering has put pressure on the mechanical parts causing a break down.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Impressive mud and grass effects. That's really well done. But I'd  like to  see  more of the tank. It looks great. I'd love to  see more. Plus you  never told us what type it is?

The figures add to the scene but the helmet colour is odd. Maybe it's my phone but they  look sand coloured?

It's a nice diorama though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, noelh said:

Impressive mud and grass effects. That's really well done. But I'd  like to  see  more of the tank. It looks great. I'd love to  see more. Plus you  never told us what type it is?

The figures add to the scene but the helmet colour is odd. Maybe it's my phone but they  look sand coloured?

It's a nice diorama though.

thanks for the feedback noelh, I see If I can get some more images up of the R35 tank.

• Like 1

Hi Metadyne,

As has been said, superb grass and mud effects, the mud especially so. That really does look like real damp/wet mud. The grass/vegetation is a fantastic colour, making it look much more alive and fresh and luscious than is often the case. The bits of the tank which are visible look great too, with the clods of earth and grass on the tracks adding to the realism.  But yes, more pics of the tank itself would be nice.

I suspect you know this, but there is also a Forum for dioramas, and it would be nice to see this feature in the RFI there as well, with some wide-angle shots, maybe?

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1