Looking for 1/72 Drawing of Comet 4C

wallyinoz

hello Chaps,

I have broken out my AIM Comet 4C kit and am looking to model the ill fated Royal Saudi example (a striking colour scheme decades ahead of its time!) Can anyone assist with an image file of a 1/72 Comet 4  3-view to aid in marking out windows etc

thanks

wally

I've got a scale drawing of a BEA 4B , the window pitching will be the same but the gaps are not with differentToilet and Galley postitions  and bedrooms and probably plugged with Alu/Alloy blanks  . Check that in a Google image search  The Fuselage is the same length . That's in the book Aircraft Archive Post-War Jets Volume 3 for the BEA Comet 4B .

I saw that Comet 4C SA-R-7 taxi past and then  take off from  London Airport ,Summer 1962 . The last time I went to the North Terminal before it shut for good ( opposite ish to the Sheraton Skyline Hotel today on the A4 . I was only 7 ,my dad was  telling me about it , gold water taps etc, .The colour scheme was like nothing else I'd seen before .Gold ,Green and White  with the Sun glinting off it . Crashed in the Alps about 6 months later . I've got some photos at LAP and a colour Profile of it . If you want see them, PM  your email addy and I'll send them .

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

The April 2021 edition of ‘Flying Scale Models’ magazine has an excellent set of 1/120 scale drawings for a Comet 4B. Not exactly what you are after I know but I am happy to scan and e-mail them to you if you wish. Drop me a PM if you want to go ahead.

Steve

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

The April 2021 edition of ‘Flying Scale Models

Thats the same Drawing thats in the Book I mentioned . I think those books Drawings came from Flying Scale Models  or Aeromodeller incorporating Model Aircraft  or vice versa ...

• Thanks 1

I have the original Aeromodeller Comet 4B drawings and can mail them to you if you send me your email address by private message. Plus, I have the Comet 4 and 4C wing tanks self-drawn to the same scale, if that helps (together with the extra wing span and associated difference gubbins).

I downloaded Flying Scale Models' April issue and, sadly, the drawing is vastly different from the excellent Aeromodeller one of 1960 (or similar vintage). It is very basic and clearly wrong in many aspects. In my experience most flying model drawings are rather wanting in precision -- it seems our flying model brethren's slogan is "close enough is good enough"...

Edited by skippiebg
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...