1/48 Hasegawa SeaKing : Conversion to RAF Har 3 : Falklands Conflict

1 hour ago, heloman1 said:

I'm disappointed you abandoned the HC 4 variant. However, I'll still tag along.

Above you said, you'd aim to please. There is only one person you have to please and that is your self. The rest of us are just spectators.

Colin

Apologies Colin it did at the start then change from HC to HAR. Had forgotten.

Laurie

35 minutes ago, John Masters said:

And I'm a Gunn...

That is an amazing amount of extra bits and terribly small details.  I look forward to the finished work!

Yes there is a lot of it.

It is a very nice model to build. Thanks for your insterest John.

Gunn. Maternal Grandfather was a Shetlander. I know there is a connection with the Gunn Clan in the Shetlands.

7 hours ago, John Masters said:

And I'm a Gunn...

That is an amazing amount of extra bits and terribly small details.  I look forward to the finished work!

Yes there is a lot of it.

It is a very nice model to build. Thanks for your insterest John.

Gunn. Maternal Grandfather was a Shetlander. I know there is a connection with the Gunn Clan in the Shetlands.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see this project moving again Laurie. You did make me laugh though when you forgot to take a photo of the only parts that fit 😂

Looks like a challenge, but not as much as cleaning your other models covered in dust. Nightmare.

Cheers, 

Tom

12 hours ago, Tomjw said:

Nice to see this project moving again Laurie. You did make me laugh though when you forgot to take a photo of the only parts that fit 😂

Looks like a challenge, but not as much as cleaning your other models covered in dust. Nightmare.

Cheers, 

Tom

Thanks Tom very nice of you to comment.

See you have built the De Havilland Heron. Built one about a year ago for my Jersey Airport 1950/60 diorama.

Built with jersey Airlines livery. One at the Airport, a real one, used to fly but the trio owning it could not afford

the up keep. Shame. But you can purchase it for £1.

Have it's little sister the Dove to build.

Laurie

2 hours ago, Jonners said:

Tidy work with that port side fuselage strake, Laurie; it's a very obvious feature of the real aircraft.

Jon

Thank Jon much appreciated. Yes a bit tricky but looks good.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

12 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Nice to see more progress on the Sea King Laurie.

Those builders certainly did some weathering on your older builds.

Hi Steve nice to hear from you. Hope all is well down there.

Yes back on track but work room was such a mess. Mess on the photos 12 month build. The Helicopter was about 2.4m (10ft0 from the window.

Majority of time had window closed. Flats near finished. Models sigh of relief.

Matter of interest. Have a mini vac which took away top fluff. But most dust just stuck. So put them in the sink warm light spray agitate with large fluffy brush.

Drain. Using microfibre cloth just wipe those drips left.

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

For some unaccountable reason I have only just spotted this build.  It’s probably too late, but the panels on either side of the pilots’ seats (underneath the window) don’t exist in a Westland Sea King; they’re a Sikorsky thing.  

And HAR3 “during the Falklands conflict”?  Not until well post-war.

But that all sounds churlish.  Somewhere in the mists of this board you might find my conversion of the Hasegawa Sea King to an HAS5 (as yet unfinished), so I understand what you’re going through, both positive & negative.  You’re making a lovely job of it.

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

For some unaccountable reason I have only just spotted this build.  It’s probably too late, but the panels on either side of the pilots’ seats (underneath the window) don’t exist in a Westland Sea King; they’re a Sikorsky thing.  

And HAR3 “during the Falklands conflict”?  Not until well post-war.

But that all sounds churlish.  Somewhere in the mists of this board you might find my conversion of the Hasegawa Sea King to an HAS5 (as yet unfinished), so I understand what you’re going through, both positive & negative.  You’re making a lovely job of it.

Thanks Ex-FAA----- very nice of you to comment & much appreciated. This is my 3rd SK. Last who knows few & far between 2nd hand.

One thing I have noticed (rattling thro. pages of pictures)  there are so many different variations even on the same mk.

Laurie

The other the RN Falklands

http://URL=https://imageshack.com/i/poiZjDSlj]iZjDSl.jpg[/URL]

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, IV(AC)Plumb said:

Have you guys seen the new Whirlybird 1/48 conversion set?

BTW Whirlybird are closing at the end of February.

I have the set of you want pictures!

It does HAR 3, HAS4 and Mk43a/b 

https://www.facebook.com/520867238338440/posts/1319619355129887/

There is place on the forum for this not my topic thanks Mr Plumb

Really??? So your making a Seaking in 1/48 using the Flighpath set ( that I helped to master) and you've no interest in a similar item that is newly released that also relates to your build????

Best I un-follow this thread before I actually help someone!