Kinetic 1/48th A-6E Intruder

The latest off of a very slow production line is this one from Kinetic. This is without doubt the most challenging builds that I have taken on in quite a while. The kit had several short shot parts, very few others that actually fitted without a lot of tinkering and truly sucked the fun out of modelling on several occasions. However it's done and I think I've earned my 'I took on the Kinetic Intruder and won' badge. I added the following to the build, one of which added to the challenge but is worth the effort, it being the Wolfpack cockpit set. All in all though I'm pretty pleased with the outcome and glad to have an A-6 in the display cabinet

• Wolfpack resin - A-6E Tram Cockpit set
  • Master - Pitot tube, AofA probe and refuelling probe
  • Eduard - LAU-10 Rocket Pods
  • Eduard - GBU-16 Bombs
  • Afterburner - Desert Storm Intruders decals
  • Reskit - Resin Wheels

2lW9pWk.jpg?1

uCMVK5N.jpg?1

VwWn3ns.jpg?1

Awf2nrl.jpg?1

AhbNvTU.jpg?1

BdlwJag.jpg?1

FpFmuLy.jpg?1

vy96NqO.jpg?1

cApMEiE.jpg?1

iz51BjA.jpg?1

As always comments and critique welcomed.

Pete

Edited by Peter W
  • Like 64
  • Thanks 3

That's a super  build. I know  nothing of Kinetic's kit of the A6. But I've made a couple notably the Hasegawa kit. So much easier it seems.

Clearly it was worth the effort. Now go and have a lie down.😴💤

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1

For all the issues, you certainly produced a masterpiece. The cockpit has me completely overwhelmed; it's truly impressive!

• Like 1

Lovely job Pete.  Wonderful subtle tones.  Any hints on weathering for carrier jets?  I'm just about to embark on my first one and can see it's a different job to  weathering land based aircraft....  

• Like 1

Wow, some very nice comments so thank you to all who took the time to have a peek at this build.

Pete

20 hours ago, colin said:

Fantastic build of a challanging kit so I belive, I chickened out and got the Hobby boss one to build

I did debate getting one of the Hobbyboss ones but haven’t yet. How does it build?

18 hours ago, a11afu2 said:

Lovely job Pete.  Wonderful subtle tones.  Any hints on weathering for carrier jets?  I'm just about to embark on my first one and can see it's a different job to  weathering land based aircraft....  

I do them both in a pretty similar fashion for the paint but just go a bit dirtier on the weathering for carrier based jets. I’ve often thought that I should try salt weathering but haven’t took the plunge yet.

2 hours ago, Harold55 said:

This looks fantastic!  I have seen these Kenetic kits at very reasonable prices but often wondered what the catch is and you have answered that question.

To be fair it builds into a nice model but it’s not without some real time consuming tasks...oh a lot of cussing.

• Like 1

Awesome build! I have tangoed with that kit as well so I know what you went through! Bloody separated canopy and windshield....broke my windshield 4 times!

• Like 1